3. Norwegian Sun
The ship was due in for a major refit so the wonderful NCL decided it would be a good idea to start early and hammer and drilll on the roof of the largest lounge (Observation) during daylight hours.effectivily closing this area. During cold days this made other available seating in the warm areas difficult to find and what seating was available was tired and uncomfortable.. All external windows were fithly from the start and never got cleaned. Food was good to avearage to poor and we had the head chef come see my wiffe and I after a particually poor Pork Loin shank meal which was was 80% fat. We waited an age for my wife's gluten free pancakes but arrived was uncooked. Food service in restaurant was generally very slow and poor, expect your veg to arrive uncooked cold or both, drinks services was poor or none existant and standard of cocktails varied by barman or bar We were in cabin 4031 and due to the design on the ship where was no access ot the top of the corridor which meant we has to the back for the ship to get the lifts to go up and walk to the front, or go back across and up the opposiite corridore to get to the only other lift, you will know you was nearly there by the smell of smoke from the officers mess Activities were nowhere as good or varied as the previous 8 cruises we have been on. Cabins were in general clean and tidy but we had faultly telephones and hair dryer, other passenges we not so lucky and plumbing problems seem to be a common theme. Last Friday of the trip we found a nice sunny sport on the outdoor cafe, only to feel bits falling on my arm, when reported we were told the ship was using different fuel and we were asked to leave and hazard tape and chairs were used to cordon of this area, it's getting harder to find somewhere to sit. We later told by other passengers that the bits was paper that the ship was burning as it was cheaper than recycled. We both felt that the ship crew was under compliment, untrained and did not show the same care and attention as on other cruises and when I queried some of the issued raised, I was lied to on a least four occassions just to fob me off. Ordered a continental breakfast for an early morining excursion at Puerto Mott, but none arrived, however the excursion to Volcanoes, Lakes and Waterfalls was brilliant Most ports and excusions were good to great and scenary was fantastic, but be warned on Sundays, everythings is closed in these ports and our NCL Highlights of Puerto Airnas excursion consisted of a cemetary, a dusty museum, a second museum (field of wooden carts and cabins) and a town square where everything was closed, boring and not value for money ,do not go on this!! During the second week the dreaded novovires was announced as a Red Alert, three days affter the crew has taken over handed out all food, drinks, condiments, washy, washy washy time. Worst cruiseship and crew I have every been on and even with a major refit completed and guaranteed no virus outbreak I would never travel on this NCL (SUN OR STAR) class of ship again.

NCL Sun - South America Cruise 3rd Feb 2018

ABLUEBOY’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OF 4031
Basic cabin, no major issues but strange the way the couch was adjacent to tv.
Biscayne Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins