• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Dawoll
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Feb 2018
Cabin: Veranda Suite

Several Silversea cruises. The service and food are back up to the standards I expect. One of the lecturers was outstanding and one was so so. The entertainment was great--including an amazing performance by the Cruise Director. There were very accomplished entertainers--and they were featured individually as well as in a group setting.

The food was excellent and wines were good. The service in the main dining room was outstanding. Some of the ports of call were quite interesting, although I think I'm done with super hot climates!

Myanmar was disappointing--somehow we expected it to be a charming colonial place and weren't prepared for the level of poverty. The port was an hour (or more) from Yangon, so it felt like we spend a lot of time on a bus. The surrounding areas were extremely poor and covered with more litter than I've seen anywhere in my travels! Yangon was also a little disappointing--again not up to my idealized expectations!

Veranda Suite