3. Carnival Pride
Let me preface this review by saying it is not meant to be one of the hit pieces on Carnival. My wife and I have now done 26 cruises, two of which were on Carnival ships and we have decided that we prefer other cruising experiences. But, for sure, Carnival fills a niche for thousands of people and I don't want to diminish that. We sailed on the Pride because my daughter and her family had booked it. Our two young grandsons, ages 5 and 9, were cruising for the first time and we didn't want to miss it. On that score, the cruise was a resounding success. The rest was a mixed bag. 1. The Pride is an older ship but is in pretty good condition. We saw crew members constantly cleaning and didn't see many signs of wear and tear except for many of the wooden rails that could stand to be refinished. 2. Most of the crew was smiling and friendly with some striking exceptions. One that particularly stood out was the woman in the candy store. Curt, abrupt, never a smile. 3. We had an aft balcony cabin which was significantly smaller than on the newer ships, but there was still enough storage space. 4. I am probably the only one ever who didn't care for Guy Fieri's Burger Joint. I don't like the hard crust they put on the burgers and the spice they add to the fries is overpowering. Fortunately, on the 4th day I discovered that I could get the fries without the spice and they were then really good. 5. Most of the wait staff in the MDR that we encountered were terrible. They forgot to bring bread baskets, they forgot to bring coffee (on those rare occasions that they even asked), we had to ask 3 times for the bottle of wine they were keeping for us from the previous night, etc. etc. One standout was Flaviu, who was outstanding. 6. The MDR menu was far below that which we have seen on other lines. I am a picky eater, but my wife is omnivorous and we both had a problem finding things that we really wanted and that tasted good. On one night we each ordered selections from David's Steakhouse and found my filet mignon and my wife's pork chops to be delicious. However, we shouldn't have to pay extra for a fine meal. 7. We don't get motion sickness, but others should be aware that, at least on our cruise, moved around a lot. 8. The kids' programs are fantastic. Our grandsons had a great time. 8. Leaving from Baltimore was a pleasure. Parking is easy and convenient and checking in only takes a few minutes.

Fills A Niche

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Danbee46

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony

The rest was a mixed bag.

8. The kids' programs are fantastic. Our grandsons had a great time.

Danbee46’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8M 5268
The cabin is small but with sufficient storage space.
The couch is quite uncomfortable but the bed is pretty good.
Engine vibration is constant and the ship bounces around a lot.
The term "extended balcony" is overstated. It's a nice size but it still isn't large.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins