3. Celebrity Summit
This was our 5th Celebrity cruise. Maybe it was an exception but they were a lot of negative points during this cruise. First of all, I will start with the Celebrity website. My account was always locked, had difficulty with the purchases and the online checkin. If you go now, you will notice that they still have alerts for the hurricane which were in 2017. The copyright is still 2017. It is a big fail if you don't take care of your window with the cruisers. Now for the cruise itself. Please keep in mind that I'm French and writing this review in English. There maybe some errors. My husband and I had a Concierge class room. We expected an priority check-in, it wasn't the case. They mixed everyone up when we arrived, even though there was a line in consequence. The ship was small then the other ships we cruised on. The getting around was easy. Everything is accessible. With the Concierge it was advertised that there was an exclusive embarkation lunch, which again wasn't the case. We went to the Oceanview Cafe. The buffet is small but with a good selection. Every day it was a different theme. Starting at 4h00pm, they offered tea time treats. We never tested the buffet for dinner but what they advertised was interesting. We had the late night dining. The service was perfect. The food was good. The fish and meat are always too cooked, but I expected it. Since I have allergies, they made me choose my meal for the next day in advance, to make sure that it was safe. Now the entertainment, this is were it was mostly lacking. The activities were mainly for the early diners. At 10:00 pm, we had one late night comedy and 2 games where people were shouting at 2 captains to reply the answers. The traditional entertainment like The not so newlywed game, The liars club, ... was not on the program. The cruise director was always repeating the same jokes. When you had the chance to cruise with the cruise directors, Richard, Sue and Chloe, the bar is set pretty high. Patrick wasn't in the same league. Manuel was cool and did a good job. The production dancers were good. Most of the singers were good. I liked to be entertained on a cruise. This wasn't the case most of the time. Service at the dining room was excellent as previously indicated and the Coffee shop also. However, every where else, I felt that the servers were tired and did not want to be there. They seemed indifferent. I even asked for a coffee americano at the OceanView and the server brought me a filter coffee, like I wouldn't notice. Due to weather, Punta Cana was replaced by San Juan. Captain Charris had our interest in mind. We had choppy waters one day and it would have been the same the following day. Instead he diverted his route, even though it would be longer, for a calmer cruise. The ship is well kept but it need to be updated. The roof was even leaking at the Revelation. The water wasn't always working. Once we had black water. There was some odor in the hallways. We had 3 days at sea and it never felt crowded. Our favorite place was the rooftop terrace. Finally the disembarkation was perfect. You don't wait. We were out in 15 minutes. I will travel with Celebrity again since we are now at the Captain-Select tier, but not with the Summit.

Relaxing cruise but not to Celebrity standard

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by annedav

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class 1

annedav’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Concierge Class 1
Cabin C1 7192
The cabin was adequate sufficient space to store your things. However there was a curtain in the shower and rust on the ceramic tiles. The bed was hard, not like the other Celebrity ships. They offered savory treats that were OK. A to get the sparkling wine, you had to ask. I would not pay more for a Concierge Class. They are no perks.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins