3. Adventure of the Seas
This review is for the Adventure of the Seas sailing to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Curacao and Aruba that departed from San Juan. This is an objective review coming from a lifetime cruiser that has sailed on Carnival, Norwegian, Disney and Royal Caribbean. Will do my best. Embarkation: We departed from the Pan American pier in San Juan and it was very organized. From curb to ship took about 25 minutes at the most. Tip: You might shave off a few minutes if you check-in online and have all of your documents with you. You will also shave off a few minutes if you obtain your luggage tags in advance. Make sure you have your passport/ID with you at all times! First Impression: The ship is very nice, not too large and easy to navigate. The main promenade runs along deck 5 and is pretty impressive. The ship is a little worn in places and I was surprised to see this considering it just came from a month-long dry dock. One example would be some of the table cloths in the dining room were very worn and frayed, some rust around, and dirty windows as well. The ship is clean, just the attention to detail is missing. Service: Overall, the service level on the ship is fairly high. Most of the people are very friendly. The bar tenders and drink waiters were all excellent. I never encountered one in a bad mood. Our room steward did a great job as was always on-point. One thing I noticed at times is that you would have to make the initial contact to say good morning etc... as opposed to the crew saying it to you first. Not a big deal to a guy like me, but it may put other people off. Dining: We had "my-time" dining with a party of 6 and we never had to wait for a table. Our server Godfrey was excellent and never made any mistakes. We had the same server for all nights except for one where we were unable to get him. Dondon was our server that night and he was excellent as well. Drink service was very timely and the food was good. The appetizers were fantastic and almost all of our main courses were good. Food temp and quality were satisfactory. The food in the buffet was very uneven. Some of the items were barely edible, while others were quite good. By the second day we pretty much ditched the buffet and had breakfast in the dining room. Tip: Go to the dining room for breakfast. It is a more civilized experience and the food is way better. You can get eggs any way you want them as opposed to the slushy eggs in the buffet. The french toast is double the size as the one they serve in the buffet. Everything in the dining room was hot and fresh. Trust me on this one! We only ate in one speciality restaurant "Chops". We paid an up-charge of $39.00 per person and the food was pretty good. Tip: you can purchase some of the Chops items in the main dining room if you like. They are listed on the menu. Fellow Cruisers: We travelled on a holiday week, so there were lots of families. Large groups, couples and singles can all be found on this ship. I saw some comments in other reviews about cruisers from Puerto Rico. The ship leaves out of San Juan, so you will always have a large number of people that live local to the port of embarkation. I had absolutely no issues at all with cruisers from PR. People need to stop with the elitist nonsense. Yes, you will hear more Latin music than usual, but if you don't like it, go leave on a cruise from Anchorage. Ports: St. Thomas: Took a snorkeling excursion. The water was crystal clear, lots of fish, and a shipwreck. The crew was very professional and helpful. St Kitts: Snorkeling excursion to Nevis.....excellent. Stopped at a cove to snorkel for a while. The water was crystal clear....lots of fish. The crew was fun and the drinks were flowing once snorkeling was over. They give you about an hour on the beach in Nevis before sailing home. Curacao: Took a taxi to Mambo beach club. The beach was great. Bars restaurants are all there. Even comfort items like Starbucks,WIFI and Subway lol. Chairs, umbrellas and other shelters are all available to rent. Aruba: Took a taxi to Moomba beach club. Lots in the area to do, lots of comfort places around as well(Starbucks etc....). Chair rental was $5.00 Umbrella was $20 Water sports also available there to book. Tip: Bring towels!! Sometimes they are not available on the pier or on Deck 1, so go up to the pool to get them before you leave! Make sure they all come back because RC will charge you. Keep them in your bag, because towels had a tendency to go "missing" when people left them out. Some feedback for RC: The ship is VERY noisy. Music is always being blasted into your face. Live bands, dj, zumba guy, ice show. Everything was very loud and people were commenting on it. I'm fairly young and I hit the clubs quite a bit in my life, but this was too loud for me. Please dial it down a little bit so people don't lose their voices having to yell over it all day! If you have an 11-12 year old kid, they fall into void when it comes to the kids club. They wanted to put my 11...soon to be 12 year old daughter in a group that went up to 17. Not a good idea. I think you have enough kids on the ship where you can create a middle group for pre-teens. Get rid of the dopey videos on the TV screen. Nobody wants to watch people jumping off roofs and other nonsense all day. Maybe have a map up there with location info when it's not being used. You may also want to play music videos. Lastly, you need to show newer movies, not ones from 2 years ago!

Slightly Above Average

Ports:

Some feedback for RC:

binimon’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Overall:
This is a large room that can accommodate 6 travelers. It has a small bedroom, sitting area with pullout couch and a tiny room that has 2 bunk beds. There is a ton of room for storage in all areas. The small bedroom has a TV and the sitting area has one as well. The small area with the bunkbeds does not have a TV. You have 2 electric receptacles in the small bedroom, none in the sitting area and a useless one on the ceiling in the bathroom where the plug kept falling out because the receptacle was worn.

Location:
This cabin is in the very front of the ship. It has three very large round windows that look over the bow. The view was fantastic. This cabin will move ALOT. If you do not have sea legs, you may want to choose a cabin somewhere else. It was also noisy at times when the thrusters were used and when it was raining.

Technical Issues!
We had a few technical issues in our cabin. On the first day, our safe stopped working. Later in the cruise, our AC stoped working and our toilet would not flush. Basically you would hit the button and nothing would happen. On the second to last day we smelled smoke in our cabin. We called for maintenance and they eventually came to determine something blew out in our cabin air conditioner. All of these issues were resolved, but they resulted in an inconvenience to us because we had to wait around.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans