3. Viking Egil
Sailing with Viking is living in a 5 star hotel with a 5 star restaurant every single day. The rooms have been cleverly arranged to make the best use of space. The meals are local to the area, and there is something for everyone. I love several things about Viking that cannot be gotten elsewhere without paying an exorbitant price. They are: free WIFI, free excursions in every port, and free wine, beer, or soda with lunch and dinner. I felt so relaxed to not have to count my money with my drinks, I also have family that I need to be in touch with due to health concerns. Daily contact through WIFI was such a relief. When I travel, I prefer to take advantage of the local area. The fact that this is already coordinated and included gives me a very satisfied feeling for my trip. I love all of the excursions I have been on! Laundry service is also excellent. Another guest spilled a full glass of red wine all over my very light colored pants. Our housekeeper was able to remove it all!! Some things I did not like as well as the last time I sailed with Viking from Paris to Normandy. They are: the chef was not as talented on this trip compared to the French trip. The food quality was not as good Also, our waiter was not as attentive as others on this trip and my French trip, disappearing during our meals and not filling our wine and water glasses when needed. We did not even see him in the room. Both of those situations were unfortunate. We were with a large group and had lots of fun. We joined with many others on board and had fun after hours in the lounge. Overall, Viking is my favorite sailing line. It is head and shoulders above all the rest.

Great Experience