3. Le Soleal
We chose this cruise because of the lines reputation and the size of the ship.I fel that the naturalists were optimistic in their rating of some of the excursions. They tend to forget that we were all quite a lot older than them and what is easy to mild to them is not to people over 55. But Antarctica was wonderful and hard to describe to people just how magnificent it is. The size of the ship helped in that everywhere we went was acessable. Embarkation and disembarkation was well organised as were the excursions. In particular I would give special praise to the restaurant staff. They were exceptional with their service, especially Teddy, Yogi and Baptiste. Food was exceptional and after 15-16 days it was still as fresh as when we started. With regards to the entertainment, maybe a little less electronic backing music and just the singers themselves, as they all had good voices without having to rely on electronic backing. William was an excellent entertainment officer and his piano playing was terrific, also his knowledge of the different music genres. I would recommend Ponant to anyone who will listen.

Wonderful Antarctica

Le Soleal Cruise Review by paulb12

Embarkation and disembarkation was well organised as were the excursions.

I would recommend Ponant to anyone who will listen.
paulb12’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ponant Le Soleal price drops

Though compact in size it was perfectly adequate for the two of us. Having the balcony helped. TV reception was not good but I guess that is a result of where we were sailing.