3. Carnival Vista
This was our 5th Anniversary Cruise. It occurred right after/during Hurricanes Irma and Maria. The Good: Embarkation went smoothly we arrived half an hour before our embarkation time and was on the ship drink in hand 45 minutes later. Our Cove Balcony #2294 was great, perfect size for the two of us. The alchemy bar, with AnnMarie and Luciana, was our favorite spot( we had the cheers package), we also enjoyed the lobby bar when Dolce Trio was playing. They were amazing! We did Bonsai Sushi and Cucina del Capitano extra fee restaurants. Bonsai Sushi was excellent, I dont do sushi, wife does said it was delicious and I still found other options and it was good. Cucina was ok, but its done family style and was too much for just the two of us, so might be a good excuse to make friends if its just the two of you. We enjoyed the trivia and other games and came away with three ships on a stick. On Fun Days at Sea we found a nice spot on Deck 11 right above the Lido enjoyed the food around the pool ( Guy's fries with chipolte mayo!) and drinks delivered by Anak. Vista did not feel that crowded, the Lido deck was never full, we had the Tides deck and bar to ourselves after dinner one night. The water slides were awesome as was the ropes courses, didnt get to do the SkyRide we had a lot of wind. Ship was pretty stable even though we did have some bad weather. The Bad. The whole ship was meh, not any nicer then Fascination or Triumph. The MDR felt like you were eating at a Picadilly's and the layout of the public rooms seemed like an afterthought. This ship also seemed dirty but thats party to people leaving food trays in elevators etc. The food in the MDR was unremarkable and the service was lacking, not the fault of our staff they just had too many guests to service for not that full of a ship. Bring your own drinks to dinner, my dinner was almost finished before the drink I ordered from my waiter arrived. The only drinkable coffee was from the on-board Starbucks which ruined our enjoying breakfast on our cabin's balcony and since its only a two person stand lines could be long considering the crew also go their coffee there. I do enjoy craft beer was not impressed with the offerings at the RedFrog Brew pub. Couldnt stand to be in casino, even though I love blackjack, there was no air movement and they allow smoking there, Carnival was really aggressive with their FunShops and services selling. My wife refused to go in the jewelry shops after being stalked and creeped out by the sales guy. We were going to just stay on ship at La Romana but due to the storms we lost one of our ports of call, Grand Turk. So we decided to the Catamaran and Snorkle. The weather was not optimal so the water was murky but we didnt sail we motored to the spot and while there was a sail it wasnt used. Then they "gave" us bandanas and then charged us $5 a piece for them then they got pissed because that was what cash everyone brought for tips. Overrall the ship doesnt dictate your enjoyment of the trip and we are booked on the Vista for a September cruise; the first with our son.

For their "flagship" underwhelming.

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by JMaclauchlan

The Good:

Our Cove Balcony #2294 was great, perfect size for the two of us.

Ship was pretty stable even though we did have some bad weather.

The Bad.

JMaclauchlan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Cove Balcony
Cabin 7C 2294
Our cabin was perfect, even one deck below the lobby not noisy and easily able to take the stairs when getting back on the Vista(instead of waiting on elevators). Plenty of room, the balcony was perfect for two but it was dirty and even when they power washed it didnt make it better. It seemed our room was only made up on during our dining.

With the two USB outlets and USB hub we brought we didnt have any problems with power. Next trip Im bringing an old sail and sign card to leave in the power activation slot so you can charge your devices when not in the room.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins