3. Carnival Victory
It was a speciality 10 day charter cruise, and as we were told the ship was in dry dock for the almost the month of January 2018 and we were the second cruise after dry dock. We found the staff to be very attentive and very good at providing the services. Yet, basically I have to ask why was a hot tub broken, did they even clean the windows, the solarium broke the third day of the trip, fresh paint was applied to the starboard side of the ship at our dock in Amber Cove, noticed multiple rusted out points supporting the stern gangways for outside maintenance. Now having sailed the salt water seas I fully understand the maintenance issues on ship and they are huge. Yet painting something only looks good from afar, close-up does not cover-up things very well. I went tot he breakfast buffet the first day, it was the last time I tried it, I either went to the dinning room or to the specialty breakfast areas thereafter. Same for lunches and dinner. The buffet was just not good. Carnival makes a pretty good red ale and I enjoyed it more than the other offerings, yet I was surprised when I used the self service beer dispenser that I was charged a 15% tip each time I used the dispenser. An automatic 15% tip is applied to all drinks, which i have no problem with because I usually tip 20%. I do not care for automatic tips. We took two excursions through Carnival, the Bonaire Sea-Cow Snorkel tour, which was great, well trained guides interested in our safety and providing a good tour experience. The other was on Curacao, a sea turtle snorkel trip, which was totally messed up. Word of advise, when the the tour guide comments that this is there first excursion, get of of the bus. NO water was provided, very little information provided by Carnival, the turtle beach was a fishing pier with no facilities and no water to drink and 50 minute bus ride away from the ship. The beach was hazardous as it had a high drop off and the tour took 5 hours versus the stated four. In closing staff was good, Carnival's maintenance and policies not so good.

OK, Yet What Did They Do When in Dry Dock?

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by cranan824

In closing staff was good, Carnival's maintenance and policies not so good.
cranan824’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 2308
Well maintained, steward was very good!
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins