3. Norwegian Sun
I wanted to cruise around Cape Horn and I wanted to get out of the winter weather. Everything thing began wonderfully in Beunes Aires with a Flamingo Dance before we got on the ship! Once we set sail I enjoyed early stretching classes every morning followed by Fab Abs and then yoga and a message while at sea. The sea was calm the whole way down to the cape and we enjoyed local excursions to take in the sites. The Dancing shows on the ship were also excellent and I would have taken lessons with my husband, however, he sprained his ankle during our first day at sea playing volleyball. When we approached the Cape Horn the water got rough but the scenery and the glaciers were magnificent. The food was excellent and the service was wonderful. I love eating in the beautiful dining rooms and listening to the live musicians. The Classical strings trio was fabulous! However, on our way to Santiago, many people were getting sick with a virus and I also got it. The ship offered free medical assistance but then quarantined both my husband and me to the room for 48hrs so we missed one of the ports of call. I thought they might offer us a voucher or something but it did not happen. We went horse riding in one of the last ports of call and had a great time. This was the only Norwegian arranged excursion and it was terrific. All in all, it was a great vacation with a few bumps here and there.

A little bit of everything!

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by DrCynthia

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Inside
DrCynthia’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Inside
Cabin IE 0130
Our cabin was kept clean and tidy; it was always stocked with ice! There was only a minor inconvenience when our cabin steward got sick with the virus and he had to be quarantined!
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins