Viking Forseti Cruise Review

Exceptional Chocolate, Staff and New Friends!

Viking Forseti Cruise Review by Forseti2017

• Sail Date: Nov 2017
  • Destination: Europe River

My first ever river cruise was exceptional! I have been on ocean cruises, but after being on the Forseti, I will never go back. The Viking Staff that met us at the airport was kind, very understanding that most of us had been flying for more than a day. They made the transition from the Bordeaux Airport to the Forseti comfortable, smooth, and enjoyable. I was traveling with my 76 year old Aunt and our cabin was clean and comfortable. It was my Aunt's very first time to Europe. It is a trip she will always remember and is very grateful that she was able to experience this adventure with her favorite niece, of course. As for me, it was a long time dream and I was very blessed to realize the dream that included exceptional meals; exceptional Staff; exceptional side excursions (especially to the Cognac Region:-)); exceptional tours and guides and especially, the exceptional chocolate!:-).

The friends that we met were the best. I cannot remember of laughing so hard and enjoying the company of people that we were meeting for the very first time. Our Cruise Director and Maî·tre d'hô·tel were kind, wonderful, passionate, creative, talented, and right down inspiring! With God's blessing I am excited to plan for a trip that will include Paris in 2019. Thank you Forseti Staff for exceptional service, fun, special attention, exciting sailing, seeing the beautiful French country-side, and of course, CHOCOLATE!! May my Lord God bless you for many more safe cruises. And, thank you Viking Reservation Agents for making the purchasing and itinerary for the Chateaux, Rivers & Wine cruise one of the smoothest operations to experience. Gwyndolyn 2017

Forseti2017's Full Rating Summary

Distillery Tour

Cognac Region Excursion - history of the region was informative. The meals served were excellent and the demonstrations on how cognac is distilled and made were excellent. I would recommend experiencing this excursion. The view of the country-side and the history is one of the best historical tours I have taken.

View All 5 Distillery Tour Reviews