3. Viking Gefjon
My husband, my sister-in-law and her husband and I, chose the Grand European River Cruise so that we could see ports the way the ancient merchants did. My travel companions had all been to Europe before, and saw places that they'd never been as well as a few they were delighted to visit again. Viking Cruises gave me my first European experience, and I was entranced by the beauty of Hungary, Austria, Germany and the Netherlands. Layers of history were peeled aside at each town and city by friendly tour guides, creating a desire in all of us to learn more. Traveling by cruise ship was an unexpected delight. It was freeing to visit so many places without dragging our luggage to each one. After a long day of exploration, we were absolutely pampered by Viking staff with delicious gourmet meals and a glass of wine. We could relax with new friends, entertained by the excellent "Jazz Bites" duo, or retire to our attractive stateroom, kept fresh and clean daily. Luxury accommodations, served meals, and having someone do the itinerary planning for you are all wonderful things, but without a stellar staff, such as we had aboard the Viking Gefjon, none of that would matter! Thank you Attila, Zeljko, Dejan, Stanislava, Marvin, Alan, Petar, among so many others, for making my first trip to Europe so memorable!

Viking is the only way to travel on the river !

Viking Gefjon Cruise Review by PMSB

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom

PMSB’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Gefjon price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin F 120
Beautiful! Only drawback was not having a window to open, especially being onboard a ship for 15 days! But that was a choice that we made, no fault of Viking Cruises!
Main Deck Outside Cabins