Viking Gullveig Cruise Review

Bonnie’s Viking Cruise

Viking Gullveig Cruise Review by Bubblers

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: Europe River

I chose this cruise by the suggestion of my travel agent. We ended up having fourteen of us. This cruise was absolutely wonderful. We started at Budapest which was our embarkation with no issues, from there we went to Austria and our cruise ended in Germany with our disembarkation also no issues. I took every tour that Viking had included and two of the optional tours. The tours were amazing and speaking for myself we had the BEST tour guides. So much history with each tour. Budapest we went to the Fisherman’s Bastion. Also seeing the Parliament Building lit up at night was beautiful. In Vienna it was wonderful and entertaining to listen to the Vienna Residence Orchestra play Mozart and Strauss for us. In Krems, Austria we toured the Gottweig Abbey which we had Father Pius as our tour guide, which I thought we had the best guide. Passau, Germany had the opportunity to attend an organ concert. Regensburg, Germany the tour was wonderful and then it was onto some great shopping. Nuremberg, Germany was our last stop. On our own in the morning which I purchased some gingerbread to take back home. The tour in the afternoon included seeing where the Nuremberg Trials were held and a building that Hitler owned and held his rallies.

The Viking Gullveig was very nice. Our cabin was nice and had a great staff person taking care of our room. The crew and staff we met during our meals were so nice and accommodating. We also had a wonderful program director Debbie. The food was excellent. No complaints here. I can’t wait to go again. Will be planning for the Christmas Markets in 2019. Thanks Viking for the best time/cruise ever.

Bubblers's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Water level stateroom 105

I thought the cabin was very nice. Loved the hardwood floors in the bathroom which were heated. The room was very clean each day. It was great to end each day watching a movie that was provided with our TV.

Budapest

Had a great tour guide. One of the stops was Fishermen’s Bastion.

Vienna

Learned a lot of history with this tour with an amazing tour guide. Did a little shopping also.

Great concert which included two ballet dancers.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

This tour was very nice which had a lot of history. Father Pius was so nice and a wonderful tour guide. Bought some wine to bring back home.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Walking Tour

Loved Passau! We had a excellent tour guide. This tour also included an organ concert which we attended.

View All 218 Walking Tour Reviews
Regensburg

Did the walking tour and had time on our own. Again we had a great tour guide named Uta. Did some shopping before boarding the bus back to the boat. Regensburg was my favorite.

Nuremberg

We were on our own in the morning which I ended up buying quite a bit of gingerbread to bring back home. Had our tour in the afternoon. Saw the courthouse that the Nuremberg Trials were held and also a building owned by Hitler which he held his rallies.

Bubblers