Golden Princess Cruise Review

Princess Does not Disappoint

Golden Princess Cruise Review by ppsmom

• Sail Date: Dec 2009
  • Destination: Hawaii

Being as this was our 3rd cruise with Princess, we had some idea of what to look forward to and we were not disappointed. The crew was amazing especially the very nice looking latin dancer that pulled me out of the very long tender line and took me right to the front of the line as i'm handicapped and was struggling after a long day in Maui. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. One thing that all the cruise lines need to work on is moving disabled people off the boat or between decks on the boat. A suggestion is to block off one or two of the elavators at certain times, like they did with the elevator for the Canaletto dining room. It is very frustrating to have so many elevators stop and be full. We learned one trick and that was to get on whether the elevator was going up or down, that way we were guaranteed to be on. We had a wheelchair cabin so it was large. The only problem was the bed as it was very hard and not very comfortable. This is an older boat so some of the amenities in this cabin were retrofitted, Like the ramp going into the bathroom. It wasnt attached so it kept moving and I kept stubbing my toe. The balcony was a big one and not obstructed. I was a bit bothered by the cigar smoke that would waft over to our balcony, but a small issue at that. The Canaletto Dinng room was excellent and the wait staff......amazing again. Thank you Robert and Sante. Our table mates...you know who you are, have become friends, Thanks for coming to cheer me on in the Survivor Challenge. There were a few things that could have been a bit better like the bed, it was very hard and not comfortable at all. The Hawaiian are some of the most gracious, humble and friendly people that I have ever encountered on our cruises. Mahalo.

ppsmom's Full Rating Summary

Hilo

We took an excursion to the Kilauea Volcano, amazing and awesome, then we went to the Macadamia Nut factory and had the best ice cream I have ever tasted. This excursion was well worth it.

Honolulu

My husband went to Pearl Harbour and was notr disappointed and I went to Sea Life Park and swan with the dolphins. It was a good excursion but a bit pricey for just standing in the water with 11 other people. I would have been happier with more interaction with the Wolphin. That evening we went on the Ali'i Dinner Cruise, It was a very nice evening abeit a bit short.

Kauai

I absolutely loved Kauai, very beautiful and clean, we went on the Wailua River Cruise and Luau,The fern grotto was very pretty and the luau was amazing, we watched them take the pig our of the pit, aain the people of Hawaii are very spiritual and humble. The food at the luau was wonderful, could not have been better and the Romantic Ceremony was very special to so many people. Thank You Ian,Our new friend from England fro gibving me his lei.

Maui

We did the Snorkel Excursion with 2 stops. This was one of the best excursions we went on. We snorkelles at the Molokini crater, not lots of different fish but alot of fun. Had a nice lunch and then we snorkelled with the sea turtles. Best of all was seeing the whales....................

Ensenada

We visited 2 wineries and our tour quide, Selema was wonderful. The wine was pretty good too. It was a really long day and we were late for supper but it was a great day.

ppsmom