3. Grand Celebration
Went with a group of friends and had a great time! Embarkation was easy, not crazy like it is when departing from Ft Lauderdale or Miami. We had read about the valet-only parking, so we parked elsewhere and took an Uber to the port. You can shop for shore excursions and buy drink coupons before boarding, or wait until you get on the ship. We are beer drinkers, so were pleasantly surprised that there were many good choices on board, not just the bland light beers they show on the promotional materials. We checked our bags with a porter and just took our small backpacks on board and headed for the dining room. The lunch buffet was a bit meager on choices, but quality was good, especially the desserts. Cabins were ready at about 1:30-2:00. Cabin was fine; more spacious than I would have thought. It was a bit confusing trying to figure out when and where our dining time was, but we got there. The food was great and the service very attentive and friendly. The lounge entertainment was terrific; the production show in the theater - not so much. I was pleasantly surprised that the casino was non-smoking. It also offered more games than I would have expected on a smaller ship like this. Public areas were nicely maintained and the decor was great. Overall, I was surprised at how well the ship was maintained, because I know it is an older ship.. We were not part of the time-share sales pitch, so I can't speak to that. We did our own thing in Freeport, renting cars and scooters and checking out various beaches. There are some beach clubs that look like they would be a lot of fun. Overall, I would say that this was a very fun cruise, and well worth what we paid.

Went with a group of friends. What a fun time!

Grand Celebration Cruise Review by lholvo

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas

lholvo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line Grand Celebration price drops

Standard cruise ship cabin. Larger than expected. No fridge, but we didn't miss it.