3. Norwegian Dawn
Beware the mini suite cabins on this ship - overpriced standard balcony cabins. We had 11166 which was directly below the Garden Cafe-- the screeching on chairs on the tile floor above our cabin went on daily from at least 6am until 11pm. So loud we couldn't sleep or even hold a regular conversation in the cabin or on the balcony. Reported the noise issues to Guest Services even before sailing-- we were told by the supervisor that there was nothing they could do and later they sent us a form letter to that effect. Onboard Guest Relations staff was good for nothing other than to print your account summary. They were not willing to try to resolve any issues while onboard, stating that you need to call NCL Guest Relations after the cruise. I did just that and was told by Guest Relations (after 40 minutes on hold to reach a human) that I had to go online and put my concerns in writing, even despite having 5 different case numbers for cases the staff opened while we were onboard. I then asked for a supervisor and was told none was available (after another 10 minutes on hold). Upon insisting, I was transferred to a supervisor's voice mail-- left a voice mail and three days later, I have still heard nothing. Nor have any of the cases opened by onboard Guest Services and sent to NCL Guest Relations been addressed in any way with us. Staff in the Venetian dining room would disappear for long periods of time. Service in Aqua was good the first time we went there for dinner, but lousy slow the second time. We did try four of the specialty restaurants since we had a package which included them-- good experiences in the specialty restaurants, but not sure I'd pay their prices if we hadn't had the package. We had the ultimate beverage package which of course doesn't include water (you must purchase water packages in addition). However, this ship was completely out of Malbec wine and the staff told my husband that they'd been completely out of it for 2-3 cruises now. Same situation when he tried to order Ice wine-- none to be had. Disappointed that our itinerary was changed to skip the port in Colombia. We have cruised on NCL several times and usually have had reasonably good experiences with them. The Dawn was a disappointment both in accommodations and in service levels.

Frequent NCL cruisers very disappointed in NCL Dawn and staff

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by cindeeporter

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Disappointed that our itinerary was changed to skip the port in Colombia.

cindeeporter’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 11166
Beware the mini suite cabins on this ship - overpriced standard balcony cabins. Not much usable storage space. Also, only one available North American style power outlet in the whole cabin-- bring your own power strip to plug in your devices! We had 11166 which was directly below the Garden Cafe-- the screeching on chairs on the tile floor above our cabin went on daily from at least 6am until 11pm. So loud we couldn't sleep or even hold a regular conversation in the cabin or on the balcony.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins