3. Navigator of the Seas
This cruise was a pretty mixed bag. We went on a cruise with RCI in 2010, same class of ship, and I had expected a similar experience. Unfortunately, we were somewhat disappointed. I was travelling with my husband in the same cabin and my mother and cousin in an adjoining cabin. Both my mother and cousin have some mobility issues, because of this we requested boarding assistance. There was a very long and miserable wait for wheelchair assistance. With two RCI cruises boarding on our sail date, they were down to one wheelchair to assist guests. The frustration was real. Once to our cabins, it was pretty standard. We had balcony rooms, and they were very nice. Our room steward got our connecting door opened and the divider between our balconies opened, very quickly. He was definitely one of the bright spots of our cruise. He greeted us in the mornings and evenings, asked about our day, and was incredibly responsive to our needs. Our rooms were clean, and our towel animals fun. He always had the ice bucket ready, and even sent the drapes in our room out for cleaning. I think the guests before us must have really liked cologne. The beds and pillows were pretty bad, but I don't think that is all that unusual. The balcony was spacious enough for 2 chairs, a small table, with room to move around. The view, of course, could not be beat. Skip room service, unless you are in the mood for cold breakfast. The new surcharge was implemented AFTER I purchased my cruise, which was one of those annoyances. Just the small nickel and dime things, the cutting of corners, the constant push to buy something more... It's not relaxing. We had 5:30 dining, and an amazing wait staff. We had a table full of experienced cruisers, and Amanda did an amazing job fielding our happiness and our unhappiness. Unfortunately, there was a lot of unhappiness over the food. Breakfast and lunch in the main dining room were so much better than dinner. While there were a number of choices, the actual food was pretty mediocre overall. I'm a dessert fan, and dessert was particularly uninspired. There were some bright spots in a crab cake that I could've eaten every night, and some fantastic fruit soups. Again, I can't stress enough how amazing the staff was. We ate in one specialty dining restaurant, and enjoyed it. We selected Sabor. The guac was fantastic, the margaritas were strong, and the actual meal was delicious. Service, food, drink, and even dessert did NOT disappoint at Sabor. We enjoyed Johnny Rockets a couple of times, it is always yummy and the occasional dance show is a hoot. There is plenty to do on the ship, and the shows we saw were really good. Don't miss the ice show! We also caught the Las Vegas Tenors and a ventriloquist. All amazing. We did book a couple's massage, which was pretty nice, but the constant pushing of products was definitely not the best. Next time, I will save a lot of money and just have the massage before I leave. Had there not been the weird push for detox pills and who knows what else at the end, I would have enjoyed the experience much more. In Labadee, we did a little shopping and enjoyed the meal on the island. The island is pretty, don't skip the walk to the top of the cliff near the dragon. The meal was good, and the view was great. A very pretty and relaxing stop with plenty to do for the more active or adventurous. Our next port was Curacao. We went on a great tour (Fascinating Curacao), and then enjoyed some food on shore before shopping. The action is pretty far from the port, which wasn't easy for my mother, but Curacao is pretty and enjoyable. Bonaire was next, we chose to book a snorkeling tour outside the ship. Snorkel Tours with Renee is AMAZING! I love every second. Bonaire's straw market is the best I've been to, with a lot of locally made goods. Since salt is their export, there are some fun bath goods and spices to enjoy. Bonaire is a favorite of mine, great people, some nice shopping, plus great ecotourism options. Aruba was Aruba. We had a nice tour of the island and did a little shopping. It's very commercial but fun. Overall, I'm seriously reconsidering booking through RCI again. The cruise was nice, but I feel like the quality of our experience did not rise to the cost of the vacation. A lot of corners have been cut, and there is a lot of hands out for more money. The loyalty program is definitely not enough to keep us with RCI when the quality isn't there.

Not What It Once Was

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Kitey

Kitey’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Nice cabin with plenty of room for 2 of us. The shower is the typical small affair, but the shower head does come off which made it easy to use. The bed was pretty hard, and the pillows were thin, but our room steward brought in extra pillows. A balcony room is all about the balcony, and ours was great. Our room adjoined family's and our room steward was happy to have the divider between the balconies removed.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans