• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Celebrity Infinity Review

Editor Rating
20 Awards

Celebrity knew there were problems with the ship.

Review for Celebrity Infinity to Antarctica
lgorback
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Feb 2018
Cabin: Concierge Class 1
Leaving Ushuaia after a very disappointing shore visit.

We wanted to go to see penguins and visit Antarctic. We were informed by Celebrity 7 days before departure that the ship was having propulsion issues, but we were not allowed to cancel the cruise. We ended up missing 2 and 1/2 ports. There were only four ports of call. We did go to Antarctic, which was great, but we missed seeing any Rookeries for the penguins. This was very disappointing. We were refunded for one port, but we missed 2 1/2 ports. The food was great, the help was wonderful, although I heard they were treated badly with Celebrity. Although the entertainment was good, missing those import shore excursions ruined the trip. Although I would love to go again, this is a very expensive cruise, and the possibility of doing it again is not likely. Celebrity knew there were problems with this ship before we left, but they were not willing to cancel the cruise even though they knew it was going to be shortened. I would encourage anyone who is considering cruising with Celebrity, to cancel if they can and select a different cruise line.

Concierge Class 1

Cabin C1

Clean and beautiful, but if I wanted to be stuck on the ship for 14 days, this would have been a fine room. However, I went on this cruise to go to the places promised us.

Port Reviews

Stanley

The boat was damaged and we never had the opportunity to get off the boat. Weather was bad and we got there a day late. If we had gotten there on time, we would have been able to get off the boat.

11 Helpful Votes