3. Adventure of the Seas
I was SO excited to book this cruise. My husband and I's first honeymoon was a disaster, so this was supposed to be a "make-up" honeymoon. This was almost worst than our first one. He had never been out of the country, so this was a big deal for him and I was so excited to travel with him, and this cruise quite literally embarrassed me!! I'm not even sure where to begin.... 1. FOOD IS HORRIBLE - The worst meals I have ever had. Windjammer buffet was disgusting, always the same exact choices. We got food poisoning two nights in a row from this place, so we tried Chops Grill. EVEN WORSE. $80 for rubbery tasteless steaks and a terrible waitress. Our best meal on this ship was Johnny Rockets, and that's SAD. Even there, the drains were having issues so there was dirty water all over the floors. The main dining room's food was below average. The steak had zero flavor and was clearly soaked in pepper to try to add to the taste. Nasty. We couldn't wait to get home and have a decent meal that didn't make us sick. 2. BAR SERVICE SLOW - 50 people in line for drinks and 2 bartenders working??? Ridiculous. We prepaid for our drink packages that included tips and stopped getting drinks two days into our cruise due to the slow service. It's not even worth it because by the time you get your second drink, the even little bit of a buzz you would get would be worn off. Not to mention there were only 3 bars...with over 3800 people... doesn't add up. 3. ROOM WAS GROSS - We were extremely appalled with the room in general. The stench was overbearing (and we couldn't even figure out what the smell was), old, musty, nasty! The bed was virtually useless. Lawn chairs by the pool were more comfortable. My back ached every morning from sleeping on a rock. Our toilet never flushed. Had to call maintenance within the first hour. Water in the room tasted foul and old, and warm. Had to go all the way to a bar to get a bottled water because I couldn't stand to drink it. I will say that our steward was awesome. Very friendly and attentive. But even he couldn't help make this room worth the money. 4. STAFF WAS UNFRIENDLY - Besides our steward and one of the bar staff by the pool. The staff never smiled, had rude responses, and acted superior to us if we had a question. Then they EXPECTED an additional tip. Ridiculously entitled. Made me not want to tip them at all! When we got off the ship in Puerto Rico, some man loaded our suitcases into a taxi (that is ALL he did), and demanded me to tip him!!! He put his hand out in front of my face and everything. He didn't even DO anything. We could have put our suitcases in the trunk by ourselves. This instantly turned me off about this city. 5. WINDY AND WAVY - I know this isn't the cruise ship's fault, just a warning to future cruisers that plan to go in February -- DON'T. The motion never ended and fellow cruisers were telling us that they had never seen it that bad before. It was SO windy, that my drink was literally blown out of my cup as I was walking back to my pool chair. 6. When getting off the boat in your last port, they designate specific times that you have to get off. People who book shore excursions with the ship get the priority and get to get off first - very unfair. I had booked an excursion outside of the ship and they would not honor it- so I had to cancel. We had to be out of our staterooms at 8am and could not get off the ship until 10:30, so many people were sitting there waiting doing nothing. Pools were closed. Bars were closed. We waited for hours with nothing to do...When we FINALLY got called to get off, our cards declined (the bank never put them through), but we went to guest services and paid it the night before and was told that we were "all set". WRONG. They wouldn't let us get off the ship until we went to guest services and fixed it. The line wrapped around the ship, we waited for over an hour. Take my advice, choose "cash" not "card" and pay your bill the night before so they have no reason to decline you. 7. PORTS WERE THE BEST PART - St. Thomas and St. Maarten were absolutely gorgeous (even despite just being put through multiple hurricanes). The locals here were so friendly and welcoming (a drastic change to the ship). We didn't want to get back on the boat. Next time, we will be booking a hotel and staying in one place. I have never wanted a vacation to be over. But after this, I couldn't wait to get home. Overall, it was a very poor experience. Most likely will not return to RC if we book another cruise. I hope this helps future cruisers.

Disappointing is putting it nicely...

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by msanborn