3. Celebrity Reflection
Sailed on the Reflection to New Orleans and the Caribbean. We were offered an upgrade for a fee from Celebrity 2 days before our cruise from Aqua class to handicap accessible Sky suite. We took it but could not check in or print shipping labels as it was closed already. Arrived at the port and asked porter to tag our bags no problem. Went inside to check in and did not have any info or keys for us. 30 minutes later we got our keys that they had to make for us and no other info. After boarding we went directly to Michaels club to talk to the concierge as we have never been in a suite with Celebrity. She had no record of us and had to call corporate. 20 minutes later she had our info and told us we had all 4 perks and that was great. Our suite was really nice with a large bathroom a large balcony. Our stateroom attendant was great one of the best we ever had. Our butler not so much and we had no idea what we got with the suite as we never got any info from anybody. Our butler brought us breakfast 2 days and a pot of tea for my wife once. He did bring us ice every morning and took our laundry bags twice. I did ask for him not to bring any more fruit and he did not but asked him to empty the refrigerator and he did not until I asked our attendant. So, having him was no more than having a stateroom attendant assistant. We have sailed all the Solstice class ships except the Reflection and really liked some of the changes they made especially the back of the ship. We had dinner the first night in Luminae and the menu was very small but you could get things off the MDR. The service was great the food ok and the wine list was very small. We had the premium drink package and there were not many good choices of wine by the glass that would not cost extra. And the wine list by the bottle was very small with limited choices and we never bought one. And the noise level was very loud. We tried lunch the next morning and never went again for lunch. Dinner the second night was better. The next 3 nights we had dinner in New Orleans twice and one night no dinner as we were at the parade. We did miss Blu; the buffet was good for breakfast and lunch when we ate there. We also went to the Lawn Club for dinner. The setting was great the food not so much. My wife’s Filet was ok my first Ribeye steak was way over done and I sent it back. The second was cooked perfect, but the taste was just ok I have had better. Went to the Porch the next night again the setting was great but food hit or miss. The Seafood tower for 2 was very good although our waiter told us it was really big and could be a meal it but it was not that big. The lobster roll had 4 small pieces. The biggest joke was we ordered the mussels that were supposed to be a large portion in red sauce like the picture outside the restaurant showed. We got 6 New Zealand mussels with some stuff on top. When I questioned our waiter that this was not what I ordered and wanted the one as advertised he said they did not serve them they only had the New Zealand mussels. Why would they advertise something they were not serving. Entertainment was good what we saw. We booked this cruise mainly for the New Orleans stop for the Mardi Gras since we never been there for it. And we had a fantastic time!! Sunday night we got there and were off the ship 7 pm and had reservations at Galliano. Which turned out to be only a 5-minute walk once off the ship. The food and service were very good and our waiter asked us if we were going to the parade that was 2 blocks away and starting soon. An unexpected surprise and lots of fun. Monday night and Fat Tuesday day parades, we had tickets that I purchased through New Orleans Mardi Gras site; which were so much cheaper than Celebrity $199 each per person per day. We got tickets on Charles street near Lafayette square with the VIP tent for $265 total for the 2 days. So, we got to go to parades all 3 days and had a great time. We did go to the outlet shops right at the port to get a few warmer things as it was cold and damp Monday. And then Tuesday night we had dinner at Mulate’s which was right across the street from Galliano. The service food and live music were great what a great ending to our stay in New Orleans.

First cruise on this ship but sailed on all the other Solstice class ships

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by vegaslover

Entertainment was good what we saw.

vegaslover’s Full Rating Summary