Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review

A Bit of Sunshine

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Mignon1961

• Sail Date: Feb 2018
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)

I wanted to go to Aruba and Curacao and they were was best ports!!! I had not been on the Sunshine yet (out of 12 Carnival cruises) and the reviews were not favorable but I thought the Sunshine was great. The comedy club was too small but we got in every night and the YTD worked great for us - it was no big deal to get our table reservation on Deck 5 and then go down to Deck 3 to eat. We never had to wait and we ate there 5 of the 8 nights. The steakhouse was fabulous, the italian dinner was awesome but my favorite was JiJis it was the best food and atmosphere I wish they all had Jijis on them. Our waitstaff (headed by Kit) was fabulous and we requested them every night. The comedians were awesome and I laughed every night. I would definitely do the Sunshine again - it is one of my favorite ships so far.

Mignon1961's Full Rating Summary

Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)
Cabin 4J 7104

We were at the front in an interior with Picture Window - the only problem I had was that we had rough waters for two nights and it sounded like we were hitting things while we slept. It would wake me up because it was so loud. I had to hold onto the side of the bed while I slept. The view from the picture window was awesome - we could see where the ship was headed and it was lovely.

Jeep Tour

The Jeep tour was awesome - it was a rough roads but so much fun!!! We saw so many beautiful things and I think Aruba is my favorite port out of 12 cruises! I wish the shops would have been open after the Jeep tour but they all closed at 6 p.m. so I think the shopkeepers would have made a lot of money if they would have stayed open later.

View All 56 Jeep Tour Reviews
Ostrich Farm

This tour was a lot of fun - the Ostrich Farm was great and I loved it. The stop at the shop was a little boring - the crafts were nice to look at but we were there longer than we needed to be. The island tour was fun and this island was beautiful.

View All 22 Ostrich Farm Reviews
Grand Turk

We went to Jack's Shack and saw Topher - it was fun but we couldn't get a table to hang out there so we just walked back to the town.

Mignon1961