3. Norwegian Escape
I have to write this review before I forget ALL of the things I didn't like about my first and LAST 7 day Western Caribbean Norwegian cruise on the Escape. The value for the money is just NOT there at all! First of all the announcements at 7AM. Come on I'm on VACATION!! And the worst part is these annoying announcements were about their very convoluted and confusing tendering process. They make it sound like you HAVE to sign up for a tender to your excursion and then after they announce all SEVENTEEN tenders there's open tendering! My first two off ship experiences were awesome. I went zip lining and floated down the river in the jungle in Jamaica. That was simply amazing! For my second excursion I went snorkeling with Stingrays on Grand Cayman. Also delightful. For my third excursion my second gripe comes into play. I signed up to go on a wave runner excursion on Norwegian's private island and my group was the last to go at 1pm. When I went to check in I was informed that my session was cancelled because the water was too low. I mentioned to the employee that I was disappointed and he said, "Well we can't control the water ma'am I'm sorry." The last thing I wanted to hear after my excursion was cancelled was a smart remark from some minimum wage worker. There wasn't much else to do on their Island except drink, eat and lay on the beach so I went back to the boat after that! Third gripe: Norwegian has a tendency to herd you around like cattle. I hate that and I want to be able to do as I please and not be rushed, especially after the amount of money I paid. Speaking of cattle they have one tiny little wading pool for a SOLD OUT cruise of 3000 PEOPLE! Absolutely ridiculous. I think they should shut down one of the 20 bars they have and build a bigger pool and more than one pool! Also if you don't drink or hang out at bars you may want to rethink coming because other than the games and trivia sessions there's not much to do for non drinking adults. I got the ultimate beverage package because the travel agent I booked through said I could get unlimited coffee drinks. FALSE. The Starbucks coffee is NOT free, the only free coffee is the crappy kind at the buffet. Oh and if you drink a lot of water you have to BUY bottles of water and have them delivered to the room or you'll end up drinking a massive amount of 8 ounce glasses from the bar or buffet. Also, the main dining room and buffet that you could eat at for free were average at best. VERY slow service in my assigned dining room The Manhattan. The specialty restaurants were extra and you had to make reservations. Fourth gripe: If you like to unwind and watch a little t.v. I don't know what to tell you because I think this cruise line uses rabbit ears for their TV channels. You get one news channel one sports channel and a TV station that plays reruns of sitcoms and nothing else. The other four stations are for Norwegian's marketing ploys for their low end shopping and art. Fifth gripe: The EXTRA $14/day resort fee that they mention on your final bill. meant to be split among the staff! What is the PREPAID GRATUITY ADDED TO EVERYTHING FOR???? My last and BIGGEST gripe is the MUSIC!! It was absolutely ABHORRENT!!! Everything the DJ's and bands played was geared toward a demographic that did NOT include me and I'm 42! There is enough music in this world that there should be a band and DJ for every age group and demographic. So if you like hearing Sweet Caroline, the Piano Man, Footloose and Greased Lightening over and over and OVER again book your cruise NOW. Ok, I'll end with the positives: relatively friends staff and they did keep the ship clean and well maintained. Overall, I would have been satisfied if I had of paid 1/3 less than I did for this cruise that nickel and dimed me to death. Oh well, you live and you learn!

Boring and Expensive

cacole1022’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Family Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B3 9816
It was clean, modern and well appointed and I LOVED my steward.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Plantation Tour
    I had the time of my life zip lining through the jungle and floating down the river in an inner tube listening to my guide sing Reggae. Worth every penny and I'll never forget it!!
    View All 42 Plantation Tour Reviews
  • Stingray Swim
    It was pure joy to interact with the Stingrays and snorkel in the reef.
    View All 725 Stingray Swim Reviews
  • Wave Runner Tour
    I signed up to go on a wave runner excursion on Norwegian's private island and my group was the last to go at 1pm. When I went to check in I was informed that my session was cancelled because the water was too low. I mentioned to the employee that I was disappointed and he said, "Well we can't control the water ma'am I'm sorry." The last thing I wanted to hear after my excursion was cancelled was a smart ass remark from some minimum wage worker. There wasn't much else to do on their Island except drink, eat and lay on the beach so I went back to the boat after that!
    View All 37 Wave Runner Tour Reviews
  • Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience
    Just laid on the beach and had lunch. I choose not to swim with the dolphins after seeing the small pen they were kept in. That was sad to me and I didn't want to contribute to that. I probably wouldn't have gone at all if I knew their enclosure was so small.
    View All 89 Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience Reviews