3. Navigator of the Seas
This was a charter cruise for us on the Navigator of the Seas 5 day trip that was originally scheduled for Falmouth Jamaica and Labadee, Haiti. Thank you to Royal Carribean for switching ports to Coco Cay Bahamas after the reports of violence in Jamaica. Lets gets to the good stuff. Getting on the ship was a breeze...literally. Almost no wait time in checking in and getting our cards etc. We were early so the rooms were not ready so we hung out for 30 minutes at Cafe Promenade and had coffee and lemonade. Finally the room was ready and we dropped off our luggage, checked out the tv, room and we met our room steward Dexter who was divine the entire trip. The ship provided me with complimentary gallon of distilled water for my CPAP machine and extension cord. All the employees were extremely pleasant and helpful on this cruise. Now the negative. The food was lackluster. It was more like cafeteria food at a hospital than a fine cruise line. It was mostly the same things in the Cafe and the buffet. Also, the buffet closes during certain times and they take down the majority of the buffet at other times and the choices are VERY small. A lot of wasted man power and time appears to be happening around the drink stations. At breakfast there are 2-3 workers making up glasses of apple juice, orange juice and water which were being made too quickly and the ice was melting and making the drinks watery. You had to ask for coffee. They did have several choices of tea for hot teas if that is your thing. they also had gluten free and sugar free options. The ship itself was difficult to navigate which caused us problems. No map of the ship was offered to us but they do have digital boards by the elevators to assist you. The Two Poets bar could be bigger, that seemed to be one hub of activity for cruisers on our cruise. The shops were not really functional and too much space is used on the ship for this purpose. Musical acts in the Metropolus Theatre had sound problems with entire cruise. Hopefully they will figure that out in the future. We were in Cabot 3562 on deck 3 which is same level as Threatre and we could not hear the shows in the cabin. We never used the fitness facilities or the pool because of scheduling of activities on the charter. This was my first cruise on RC and if I were choosing a cruise for my family or a vacation which was not a charter, I would not choose RC based on our experience on this cruise.

Not as good as I expected

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by paralegal67