• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

littlebrownbook
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jan 2018
Cabin: Club Veranda Stateroom
One example of the balcony rust that I just wrote about.

This cruise went to places I have been wanting to see for a while, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador and Mexico. The excursions from the ship were expensive, so on 3 occasions we went with private tour groups, and got better value for money.

The staff were always upbeat even during a small outbreak of Norwalk when they were all doing double duty to keep us healthy. The entertainment staff, and officers were serving breakfast and lunch. Luckily no one in my party was affected.

This is a small ship, so the onboard activities were more limited, but there was always something to do. Although standard drinks were included, I saw no one who had overindulged, and smokers kept to their designated area.

Club Veranda Stateroom

Cabin V1

I'm not sure if this was the right category of stateroom, no matter, the veranda was of the most concern. There was considerable rust on the railings, and on the edge of the veranda floor. The wallpaper in the cabin was peeling, and the wallpaper in the shower stall (really!) was getting mouldy. Railings throughout the ship were in need of refinishing, furniture in the "Livingroom" was in need of recovering and carpeting was starting to rip in "Windows", the cafeteria dining room. Apparently this ship was renovated just 3 years ago, my opinion is that is was done shoddily.

All this did not interfere with my enjoyment of the cruise, but I would hesitate to invest money in this company. I did send photos to the hotel manager, after a conversation with him.

2 Helpful Votes