3. Adventure of the Seas
I chose Royal Caribbean because it was supposed to be the best, in every category. I've cruised before on 2 different Carnival cruises and they were awesome, so I wanted to go a "level up" to RC. I went with my boyfriend, who had never cruised before. I can't eat dairy, so dining was difficult. Nothing is labeled, so you don't know if things contain milk, or are cooked with butter vs oil etc. The only person who knows how dishes are cooked is the chef on staff, which is not an easy/quick way to find out. The food overall tasted good but there were not many healthy options or dairy-free ones. No desserts were dairy free, unless requested a day ahead of time in the dining room. I didn't like that the themed restaurants were an extra fee. Cruises should be all-inclusive I.M.O. especially if you pay extra for alcohol etc. The entertainment onboard was not so great... the Carnival shows I remember were very good and packed at every show. We left after 5-10 min with every show we went to see. The one thing we were excited for was an outdoor movie on the deck that was cancelled without any notice or reason. The pools were also closed for a full "cruising" day for some reason. The staff was SO friendly and happy and willing to help with whatever you needed. Especially in the dining room. There was a couple bartenders who were NOT which was a bummer.. One thing I wish I knew, was that the end "port" wasn't a port, and you had to leave the boat by 10am. Not sure how people did excursions since you couldn't get back on the boat after to shower etc. before going to the airport. The busses take you straight to the airport and you don't go anywhere else. So really you only have the 2 ports to do stuff at. We stopped at St. Thomas & St. Maarten. In St. Thomas we took a ride to Magen's Bay which cost $20 each and $5 each to get in the beach. So $50 to be at the beach for 2 hours where you could do that on the boat and also eat/drink for free. We expected the beach to be a free thing.. maybe more info on the ports online would be good to add. St Maarten we took a water taxi to the beach ($7 each) and there just walked around and swam for a little and had a beer at a bar on the strip. Lots of beach vendors literally RUNNING after us to get us to rent chairs on the beach. Which is uncomfortable when you're in an unfamiliar place.. There was just a lot that wasn't explained ahead of time or available on the website, and the quality was a lot less than expected with such a highly rated line. It felt stressful to me. Like if you ate at a different place they would charge you, if you lost a towel or someone took it they charge $25, or if you got a coffee you might pay for it but wouldn't know until after.. and the excursions didn't seem worth the extra money either. I will probably just go to an all inclusive resort next time for peace of mind and easier traveling.

Just "ok"

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by ckaefer

We stopped at St. Thomas & St. Maarten.

ckaefer’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

We had an interior room, which was fine. (Not sure on the letters?) They came to tidy it 2x a day which was awesome! But not necessary. Sometimes the toilet wouldn't flush which was scary!
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans