3. Adventure of the Seas
This was my 12th RC Cruise.. I am very loyal to Royal and I am currently suffering from cruise depression. For the most part, I had a great time. Food and Entertainment were off the charts AMAZING for me. We loved the game shows, contests, etc, and all of the cruise staff was very friendly. They were super personable and got to know us on a first name basis (especially if you participate, they will be buddies with you). I also was highly impressed with the food this time. In the past, the food was just average for me, but this time, I think they really stepped up their game in both the Windjammer and Main Dining Room. They had a really good variety each day. I did have some issues getting on board the ship. Apparently, they either had some faulty cards that would not scan OR their printer was not working correctly (I never really got a clear answer) and I had to stand to the side right after we boarded the ship so they could print me a new card. I was there for around 15 minutes, while others scanned in and got on the ship, I just stood there waiting. My boyfriend's card, who was literally right in front of me, worked just fine. They never came, so the lady told me to go to guest services to get a new one. At guest services, they were concerned that I must have gotten onto the ship somehow without going through security (?) and didn't believe my story.. Finally, the girl that was supposed to come bring me a new card came back and said it should be fine.. but low and behold, it didn't work at the Windjammer bar. I had to go back down AGAIN and get a new one printed. That was kind of a bummer on the first day, but no more issues after that. Other thoughts.. The bar service was horrible. This cruise had maybe 4 dozen kids, so the bar staff probably was not prepared for that many adults at all times at every venue. There were some times we had to wait 20 minutes for a drink (Imperial Lounge, Blue Moon, and Boleros were the worst.) Main dining room bar service was horrible also. We would be finished with appetizers before our drinks ever came. Cabin cleanliness.. Well, our cabin was refurbished with fresh carpet and a new chair, but it wasn't very clean. The bathroom had dark hairs in the shower, and there was a wine cork under the toilet area that was there when we arrived and sat there for 3 days before we threw it away.. I also NEVER met my stateroom attendant. lol. They just never introduced themselves and I never saw him cleaning - although my boyfriend did meet him, I thought it was strange he never introduced himself to me. PLEASE GO TO ALL OF THE GAMESHOWS. They are hilarious and definitely worth attending each night. We did not do any excursions this time. In St. Thomas, we went to the Mountain Top which was absolutely incredible. I would love to go again. Also, I noticed moreso on this cruise that the crew was going out of their way to sell on the first few days. Drink packages, specialty dining, etc, and they would come up to you while you were just sitting down enjoying a drink or walking past like mall kiosks do. That was pretty annoying, but it definitely calmed down after the first day. All in all, we LOVED this ship and plan to go back in 6 months for the New England/ Canada itinerary!!

Few hiccups but overall great time

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by HLWiser

Other thoughts..

HLWiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Eh. Not fantastic but not horrible either. There was a lot of motion on this voyage (especially Day 2 and 3), and there was some kind of crack in our balcony door frame that "popped" every single time the ship moved back and forth/ side to side. It was pretty annoying and I could not figure out where it was coming from or how to fix it.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans