• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

redhairdlady57
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2009
Cabin: Family Inside

I was pleasantly surprised at being greeted by numerous staff members and a glass of champagne upon boarding the Norwegian Jewel. This turned out to be the only personal contact of the whole cruise. The room stewards never introduced themselves. With the "freestyle" dining, you never have the same Waite staff twice, so they don't get to know you and you don't get to know them. In the past when I cruised, knowing the Waite persons and them getting to know what and when I wanted certain things, such as coffee, was part of feeling "pampered" on a cruise. The staterooms on the Norwegian Jewel are substantially smaller than other ships I have cruised on. I had the privilege of seeing inside stateroom and balcony... The redeeming quality of this cruise was the entertainment. I was on this ship Dec. 13 - 20, 2009. The entertainment for this cruise was incredible. The Cats Pajamas, Ken Grove and Cirque Bijou were amazing! I do not and will not pay "cover charges" to go into "theme" restaurants, so I ate at the public restaurants, The Garden, T'Sars, Azura, Blue Lagoon.. Blue Lagoon was very good, the others were only adequate. The food over all was unimpressive. Will I cruise Norwegian Jewel again.. probably not.

Family Inside

Cabin I1

Room is a Tiny, Tiny, Tiny!!!!!

Port Reviews

Roatan

Roatan was disappointing to sat the least. I wish I had done a shore excursion on this port as there was nothing to do otherwise.

Belize City

Belize -- we had to get a tender to shore.. this was very uncomfortable.. Ashore was nice shopping and more to do...

Costa Maya

Costa Maya -- lovely port.. nice beach and shopping close together so both can be done.

Find a Norwegian Jewel Cruise from $475