3. Norwegian Dawn
Sailed on the Norwegian Dawn for 11 nights on 1/28/18 in a balcony cabin. We are frequent cruisers and are NCL Gold status in their Latitudes program. I'll make this short and sweet because I don't want to even have to think about cruising with them after the past two experiences. We don't usually eat in the MDR because food quality has suffered greatly in the past years. Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse..............it's a shame what they think they can pass off for MDR food any longer. Staff seemed sullen and acted like they were miserable. Even cabin attendants were never smiling or acted like they wanted to take care of you. They nickle and dime you for EVERYTHING !! It's laughable. The ship was dirty and you hardly ever saw anyone actively cleaning common areas. If you have been on other cruise lines such as Princess or Celebrity, you folks know what I'm talking about. They are constantly cleaning and picking up all over the ship. Embarkation and disembarkation went OK and fairly smoothly. To add insult to injury, we had a family vacation planned in September and had booked six cabins on the Pearl. To make a very long story short, they cancelled our cruise and offered the following, and no I'm not making this up. -A 10% discount on a nine night cruise over the same time period. That was a total lie. The nine night cruise never existed !! -A $25 dollar onboard ship credit on any other sailing. This is totally unacceptable behavior from a large, publicly traded company. I am an executive at an airline (Alaska) and it is simply unimaginable that we would ever treat our passengers like this if we had to cancel a flight. NCL had an almost identical itinerary going out one day earlier than the cruise that they cancelled on us, but refused to even consider moving us over to that sailing even though they acknowledged that the ship had plenty of room to move over to. That cruise also left left from the same port as our cancelled cruise. We are all upset and have to talked to various executives throughout the company and they refuse to budge !! Luckily, we can all talk with our pocketbooks and have reached out to a consumer advocate agency.

Wow, how things have gone bad for NCL the past two years

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by kitaylor

They nickle and dime you for EVERYTHING !! It's laughable.

Embarkation and disembarkation went OK and fairly smoothly.

-A $25 dollar onboard ship credit on any other sailing.

kitaylor’s Full Rating Summary