3. Ruby Princess
Went on the Ruby for the 3rd time in late January. Had not been on it for a while and I read the comments people were leaving and was skeptical, but we are BIG Princess cruisers so thought we would try it again. We picked it for the itinerary (Mexical Riviera). I will now give you my opinion having been on 18 cruises of the Ruby, and also a few facts if you are coming in a day early. 1st: we Uber'd from LAX to Best Western Plus in San Pedro.on friday for the Saturday cruise. Had read the reviews and the price was much less than the ones Princess recommended. We pulled up ($36. Uber) was a bit skeptical until we went to the 2nd floor and came out of the elevator and saw how beautiful the lobby was, super duper clean. Friendly staff and our room was lovely. CLEAN and the bed was very comfortable. A huge breakfast area where the next morning we found hot good breakfast included in our price. A free shuttle to the pier (we tipped the driver, some didn't). For those of you who want wine to take on the ship (1 per person) there is a little liquor store right across from the hotel that had a nice selection. For dinner, we went by Uber again the San Pedro Brewing company for a wonderful dinner, well priced and a great selection of micro brews. Uber was $14. r.t. I felt that Princess has stepped up since last year when we took Panama Canal cruise. The service was wonderful although a little lax on pool people to order drinks. We never had a problem finding good pool chairs although you do have to get up and moving if you have a favorite spot. Plenty of towels all day long. Food was amazing this cruise for dinner, and I don't just mean good. Everything was well prepared, timing was good and we have anytime dining and never waited more than 10 minutes for a table for 4 (our friends were with us). The buffets for breakfast and lunch were good, typical cruise buffet. Would have liked to see a few more things on the buffet, but for me, it kept me from over eating. Always something good for both breakfast and lunch. We never get out of the sun long enough to go to the restaurants for breakfast or lunch so I can't comment on that. Our cabin man (Apolo) was wonderful and was very attentive to our needs. Friendly without being intrusive. So glad we got him. The waitstaff and bartenders were all friendly and as previously stated I think Princess has added a better approach on service as we were disappointed last Princess cruise, but very happy in all aspects of service this time. The whole ship is beautiful, they just put in new Heavenly beds in all rooms and man are they comfortable. The pillows are new too and very nice! Our room was clean, fresh and NO complaints. I thought they lacked in entertainment this time. The 2 production shows were good, but they had to comedians, the 1st was awful and the 2nd one was good but again lacking a bit for the rest of the week. I was disappointed in that. The age old problem with Princess and their alcohol package still remains. Unless you are a very heavy drinker, I can't justify $489.00 PER PERSON for booze!!! They had a 2/1 twice a day which my husband loved as he drank and beer and took the other to our room for later. That is how you save on beer otherwise its $7.15 a beer. Martinis are $10.00. I definately would go back on the Ruby. I loved the trip, would do a few things different regarding excursions (Puerta Villarta I would taxi to the Malecon which is downtown, tour the beautiful church and then walk the boardwalk and shop. The tour we took was awful. It was a siteseeing by bus and they took us to this seedy part of P.V. to a jewelry shop and that was all there was there. We drove around a lot, could not understand our tour guide most of the time. Was NOT worth the $$$. Took the hop on hop off bus in Mazatlan and was the best thing we did. Got off a 3 sections, roamed around all we wanted and then jumped on a bus which ran every 30 minutes. Was not expensive and well worth it. Los Cabos, took a Catamaran out to see the Arch which was amazing then to lunch at a beach club. Unfortunately for us it was raining that day so we didn't get to see any more of Los Cabos which was disappointing but you can't predict the weather. Please don't listen to the negative comments people wrote, don't know where they are coming from. Try it, you will love it. Warning: Not geared much for children. The medium age on Princess is 45. they do have a kids club but not much else, which for us older adults was fine.

This ship is wonderful!

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by djtx2

djtx2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE B238
Always pick this cabin if available. Great place on ship. Good value.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins