3. Costa neoClassica
I was in same group as MchrisD and would echo everything that was said. In addition, I pre booked bought a drinks-package Pranzo & Cena for €237.86 which entitles you to wine and beer only at lunch and dinner times. On getting on cruise, Costa offered a package of 6 bottles of wine and 7 bottles of water over €113 cheaper. I asked to change but they would not let me. The wine on the Pranzo package is truly awful. So my advice to everyone, do not pre book, there is no advantage I wrote a complaint while on the ship which was totally ignored. I followed this up via e mail, only to be informed curtly that the bar manager was right in refusing to swap, there was no explanation. It’s very poor customer care. This is only my third cruise, but would not recommend Costa. The organised trips are ridiculously expensive, undertake some research prior to you trip so you know what you want to see (the Costa itinerary can help) and negotiate with the taxi drivers waiting outside the docks. On the positive side, the cabins are reasonably spacious, and clean, showers hot with good enough power. I visited the gym which was on deck 11 bow end with lovely views, the equipment was in good working order. (but there was a sometimes a lack of stationary bikes due to some passengers hogging and slowly cycling for an hour, despite notices limiting use to 20 minutes.) There were no fitness classes provided. The staff are very polite and hard working.

Costa are very money grabbing, with poor customer care.

Costa neoClassica Cruise Review by HughesL

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Africa
  • Cabin Type: Inside Classic

HughesL’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Classica price drops

Inside Classic
Cabin IC
As a single occupier, the cabin was spacious and clean. Enough space for one person’s clothes. Towels are changed as requested. I had no complaints.
Genova Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins