Carnival Dream Cruise Review
1,934 Reviews

Wonderful service and entertainment and people

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by pnorth

• Sail Date: Feb 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

We went on our Honeymoon cruise out of New Orleans due to location. We could drive :] Also visit with my mom and dad in Prairieville. We had a blast from the time we entered the waiting area, we met great people and had fun talking about everything to past cruises and where the people lived. It went by fast and very organized to get us all on the ship. I also had forgot and left our sodas in our check in bags but our porter said no problem. It was still in the bags when we got to the room at 1:30pm and No sooner LOL. The ship is beautiful and I loved the Mardi gras theme throughout the ship. Our balcony room was fantastic with plenty of room, I think even if you had three people in that room it would be fine. I enjoyed our cruise director Brian, he worked very hard and made the trip so much fun. The steakhouse was well worth the extra on the first night and they gave us a wonderful red wine. My husband loved it, I don't drink. Food was perfect ever time. i have my steaks well done and they still could be cut with a fork. My husband likes his rare and loved the food. Food was great in Guys and Blue Iguana. I never complained about any of the food on lido, especially the soft frozen yogurt!!! Wow it was good, my favorite dish was in the Scarlet dining room Melting Lava Cake! A must try! I had it each night even when we had th Baked Alaska. Our waiters Aldin, Ryan and Anthony kept briniging us whatever we needed and sometimes what we didn't. Ha ha my husband one night decided against desert, I pouted and Aldin brought it to go for me. I was laughing so much and they really made dinner a fun event! I miss everyone and Pat our room steward !!! One issue and the only issue was the drain in shower would plug and water was all over bathroom floor. I felt bad using so many towels but that was nothing that would spoil my trip and it was fixed. I actually scared myself and the repair man when I walked in the room when we was fixing it. We all had a great laugh. We also did the self disembarkation and it was ok too, just had to take our luggage down 8 flights because someone didn't want to wait on the elevator. Most were closed. ! Can't wait to travel on the Dream again soon. Taking mom next time :]

pnorth's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8B 9228

Loved our room and balcony, plenty of room three closets. Couch and coffee table, end tables on each side of our king bed. Very comfortable beds and bedding!!

Shark & Stingray Encounter

great experience I pet a shark

View All 48 Shark & Stingray Encounter Reviews
Roatan

We had wonderful beach time at Bananarama and food and great snorkeling from a vendor on the beach he took us to the reef

pnorth