3. MSC Sinfonia
This was our first cruise, the whole family went with, as well as my grandchild. The ticket info said that boarding takes place between 10.30am and 4pm. We arrived after 9am, excited to board early. When we got there people were already queuing to embark and we stood in line. After 10.30am I asked the security what's happening, why is it taking so long. He said that we will only embark after 12. We stood in the scorching heat for hours, no one came to explain why, no apologies, nothing. We only got to our rooms before 3pm, tired, hungry, miserable. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. The restaurant ( Buffet) operated like a factory. People ate, left their tables, we found a table, the waiter took long to clear the table, wipe it down. The language barrier made it very difficult for us to communicate with the waiter to clear the table, he just waked away with an angry look. The food was ok, not excellent as per the reviews or the videos we watched before the time. The fine dining restaurant was a joke. My husband received a plate with a little rice, chicken in some sauce and hot chips. It looked like a child prepared the food. I ordered a salad, which consisted of droopy lettuce leaves, a yellow sauce and bread that somehow resembled croutons, utterly disgusting. My grandchild got sick the Sunday, before 5pm. He vomited on the bedding and I called reception. They said that they would send someone. After an hour I called again and no one had arrived. I made another call and someone came after 10pm only, with only a sheet and 2 pillow cases. He said there was no other clean bedding and he had to walk very far to get the bedding. Now my question is this. We were 6 people, stayed in 2 cabins, paid R18000, to get service like this. You might brag on the internet with all your wonderful reviews, but the experience we had was putrid. You advertise falsely, what should have been a glorious experience turned out to be one of the worst for me. I will never again embark on an MSC cruise. I hope you add this one onto the internet Thank you!

Bad service