Avalon Imagery II Cruise Review

Avalon Imagery II Cruise Review by BigEAJ

• Sail Date: Dec 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

This was our first river cruise and could not have been more impressed with everything start to finish. The ship was the newer Imagery which was absolutely beautiful. Rooms overall were spacious, full windows to watch the scenery pass by, wonderful baths with quality sundries and bedding so plush and comfortable. Next...every member of the staff truly got to know you in the small and intimate setting of a small river cruising ship. I read a few mixed reviews but we have travelled pretty extensively and the food more than impressed as did the service of all the staff. Wonderful attention to detail in providing housekeeping service, nightly turndown, afternoon tea and snacks, happy hours, warm towels and welcome each time we returned to the ship, nightly informational talks about the next day's tours and ports and I could go on and on. We planned this trip during the busy and in demand Christmas Market season and it is something we will always remember. The itineraries and ports of call were amazing. We didn't take part in every additional tour but did the Colmar trip and the Black Forest trip ( some said a little "touristy") but we loved it. Fresh snow and magnificent scenery and just a beautiful and relaxing tour. Sure that each tour would have been top notch. We took our teenagers and I might mention this is a little more mild and relaxing for some of that age ( no pools, kids center, movie theater,etc. etc.) but they said it was one of their favorite trips. Only rated Fitness and Recreation as "Good" knew it wasn't that kind of trip. I do think I walked more than I have in years though with so much to see and experience. Finally I have no doubt this trip would be beautiful any time of the year but Christmastime in each town/village was so amazing. Thanks to Avalon for making it truly memorable. We will sail again with them again without question.

BigEAJ's Full Rating Summary

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin B 210

I mentioned some things about the cabin above but this newer ship was beautiful. Rooms had ample closet space. Nice, spacious and well equipped bath with great shower. TV with lots of movies we did use to wind down in the evenings before bedtime and the bedding was so comfy. Loved the cabins and the french balcony and full window are spectacular. Very cold so of course didn't have it open much, but can imagine in warmer weather how beautiful it would be wide open while sailing.

BigEAJ