Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review
2,184 Reviews

Great vacation, but didn't book again for now!

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by kfneal

• Sail Date: Feb 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: AquaClass 1

We wanted to see the Eastern Caribbean since we had went on the Silhouette for the Western 2 yrs ago. We loved both cruises, however I think we like the Silhouette a little bit better. We paid for Aqua class for the Equinox and we are not really sure what we got for our extra money other then choice of time to eat in the Blu restaurant. We did not really like being up higher on the deck except it was faster to get to the pool deck/bar that was a plus. The extra large overhang we did not like at all! It was also a bit rockier on the 11th deck compared to the 7th deck the last cruise! Our staff of employees were outstanding our room steward was fantastic and called us by name every time he saw us! The food was good, Blu was good, however I would not say outstanding. Our waiter and his team were outstanding! The shows were OK, comedian was great! Would have liked to see a little more variety. Our ports were great we stopped at San Juan and the most disappointing part was we got there late in the afternoon, so this made it very hard to do much sight seeing since many things closed at 5 or 6pm. St Maarten and St Kitts, loved them all got real tired of the Indians hard sell every time you entered their store, "oh I make you happy" "I make you great deal" HA that was a joke! I really wish the cruise ships would come up with a better way to get deck chairs, goodness getting up and having to go sit in a deck chair by the pool at 6:30am in order to get one at all is stupid! I also was not happy with the lack of sun areas on the equinox and you felt like you were almost sitting on your neighbor in the way the chairs are so close together! Poor planning on that one!

kfneal's Full Rating Summary

AquaClass 1
Cabin A1 1563

Very nice cabin and our steward was fantastic!

kfneal