Avalon Vista Cruise Review

Avalon Vista Cruise Review by rick.lubecki

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Window

My brother took care of the booking. He did much research on the Tour line as to cost, time of year and experiences offered and the decision to go with Avalon was made. As far as my wife and I are concerned it was truly a great decision! We had options as to the Fall Wine Tour or the Christmas Market Cruise. The Danube Wine Cruise was selected. It was the first cruise for my wife and me. We both had an extraordinary time. From Budapest to Prague and all the other ports of call it was a great time. The activities were numerous, you could do as much or as little as you wanted. Great accommodations land side were excellent. The Intercontinental in Budapest was much more than we expected. The city itself so vibrant and packed with history. Probably could've spent a week there. Leaving Budapest we boarded the Avalon Vista with approximately 160 other passengers to begin the Danube Adventure. The accommodations, the meals, the planned activities were extremely enjoyable. But let's face it. the cruise would only be as good as the crew on the ship. From the wait staff, Gabor, Tonya and all the others, to house keeping, they did a great job in making our experiences memorable ones. The places visited Vienna, Regensburg, Nuremburg and the other optional tours ie. Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic were truly fascinating. The final destination being Prague, truly a jewel, we were able to experience the local culture, the history of the city and Czech cuisine,wonderful. I would certainly be remiss in not mentioning our Cruise Guide, Nancy, extremely personable, accommodating and knowledgeable. She took care of every detail of the trip from when we arrived until our departure from Prague. We would love to take another Avalon cruise.

rick.lubecki's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom with Window
Cabin D 112

Small but cozy and adequate. Plenty of storage, clean, and well maintained.

rick.lubecki