3. Norwegian Epic
After 5 cruises with NCL, this was the worst one. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what we expect with NCL. THE GOOD: - The entertainment was the best of any of the cruises I have done with NCL or Royal Caribbean. - The ship is huge but they did a great job making it feel like a normal ship. - Bartenders are all nice and can make good drinks. - Posh is amazing - Water slides are fun - Casino was big THE OK: - My wife has a food allergy. Normally NCL is amazing with pre-orders, this time it was a little more of a challenge but she got her food in the end. - Casino table games start more than many vegas casinos -- Pai Gow $25 THE BAD: - Food is not as good as every other ship we have been on, even the specialty restaurants weren't as good as the Jewel class ships. Food service wasn't great. - The curve design of the rooms is annoying. I knew this going in but it does render the couch totally useless. - Pools suck, small and too warm - DJ from the Glow (white Hot) party wasn't good and the party was kinda lame

First cruise on a "big ship", good and bad but not amazing

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by jcwilde1

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

THE GOOD:

- The ship is huge but they did a great job making it feel like a normal ship.

- Bartenders are all nice and can make good drinks.

- Posh is amazing

- Water slides are fun

- Casino was big

THE OK:

- Casino table games start more than many vegas casinos -- Pai Gow $25

THE BAD:

- Pools suck, small and too warm

- DJ from the Glow (white Hot) party wasn't good and the party was kinda lame
jcwilde1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD 12307
I had read about the room beforehand. Numerous people called out the bed length and after booking it I will say the bed is an "RV queen". In fact, I think the room is 6" less wide than the other rooms, so it is a bit tight compared to others.

Layout of room was nice. Shower was roomy. Balcony was big but had big light outside from maintenance thing on other wall.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins