• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Allure of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
64 Awards

Our 25th anniversary celebration cruise was totally disappointing.

Review for Allure of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
letdthuy
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2017
Cabin:

For our 25th anniversary, we decided to go on a week long cruise from Fort Lauderdale FL to West Caribbean because it seemed fun for us to spend time together. On our 3rd day, my daughter felt like she had slight fever and we didn't have the thermometer so I took her to the medical clinic and had her temperature taken to see if she's actually sick and needed resting before spreading it to others. The lady at the clinic there told me that my daughter has 100 degree fever. I said "thanks" and said "we don't need any treatment and she will just need to rest until recovered as this is the cold/flu season". That lady told me that "unfortunately she has fever and we have to test her for flu." I said I don't want to pay for it. She said we have to go through the process and made us fill out paperwork. They tested and said she had a flu. They quarantined her in her room for over 3 days. No one there told us anything about the charges until the last day when I saw high medical charges on our bill. I went to the customer service desk to complain and was told to go home and call customer service for help. I went home with the high bill, called for help. It took them until today, Feb 14 (2 months and a week later) to call and let me know that they had decided to not credit any penny for the medical bill or for locking my daughter in her room for over 3 days. We all didn't want to leave her side that long while she's in her room for those days so we kept checking on her and didn't really do much for those days at all but that's is not anyone's fault.

My daughter is also vegan. If you are a vegan, there's almost nothing but salad on the ship for the whole week. She lost 6 lbs after the week-long cruise (and she was already very thin to start with). We paid a lot of money for the nice ship "Allure of the Sea" to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We could all tell that a lot of people were very sick with cold/flu on the ship and none of those reported to the medical clinic so none of them got charged or locked in their rooms except for a very few honest people like us. We wanted to know if we should stay away from getting others sick and went to check to make sure that she had fever before we told her to stay rested away from people. That's what happened. Meanwhile, all other sick people went around and got all of us sick. Not fair at all. Not to mention, there was no room cleaning for 3 days because my daughter was sick. We still gave the full daily tips for our cabins for the whole week. We just wanted to get the credit for the unwanted medical test bill and possibly some for the three days that my daughter got locked in her room which is fair.

Royal Caribbean didn't credit us for messing up our celebration. My daughter didn't get to see the Caribbean islands and she was so upset that they charged her full week of cruise and even the unknown medical cost.

4 Helpful Votes