3. Carnival Inspiration
First, The wait staff, customer service, shore excursion, our room steward, and the people who worked at the buffet were wonderful. They were all helpful, and professional at all times. They work their behinds off and from what I understand get very little pay for their trouble. With that having been said let me get to the meat of the review. I thought the purple worms were cute. The decor was exactly what I expected. We went to a performance of "Shout" and enjoyed it very much. The Almost newlywed game was a hoot. The bingo game for $1195 was crooked the woman who should have won didn't. Let me explain. My husband and I walked in to see who would win and was standing in the back of the room when the number 54 was called. Bingo was promptly called when the card was checked the bingo included the just called number of 54. The caller said that number had not been called. Most of the audience as well as the players said that it had been called. He would not give this woman the bingo. Someone else called bingo 2 calls later. This woman who I met later said that when she tried to talk to the emcee about this he told her friend to get off the stage. I did not see that. But either way,this was a crooked game. We played at the Casino once. I had a lot of fun and only lost $15, didn't win anything, but still had a good time. The Sushi was wonderful. My only complaint is that it had limited hours and that was during my dinner time. I would have liked to have seen some lunch hours. I know Carnival can not be blamed for the weather, but give me a break, they need to have some sort of plan B for bad weather. My family and I were at the port at 11am, I know that's early but with it being our first cruise we did not want to miss anything. We jumped into line even though the ship was nowhere to be seen. We were promptly checked in and given a boarding number of six. We thought great when the ship does come in we will be one of the first on board. We found a seat and decided to wait it out. We were told by a Carnival employee that we should not wait that there would be a 1000 people trying to fit into this waiting room. We had our 14 yr old grandson with us who she talked into getting out into the sunshine and get some lunch. She promised us that we would be able to get back in. We went for pizza walked around and saw the ship pull in. We decided that it was time to go back back to the waiting area about 5pm. They (carnival personnel) would not let us into the waiting room. They herded us, like so much cattle, onto waiting buses to get something to 'eat and sit on comfortable chairs'. We were driven to an annex about 3 blocks from the port. The bus driver told us we could walk over to the port anytime we wanted to or they would drive us back over. The food consisted of breakfast bars and bottle of water. We were not allowed to leave. Several people tried and were turned back from the doors. During this time the waiting area at the port were being given sandwiches and drinks. When boarding did start about 7pm the waiting area at the port was emptied first no matter what boarding number they had. We did not get on the ship until after 8. There were no pictures taken as we boarded, which was one of the times I was planning on buying. I will not sail on Carnival again for the simple facts that when you ask a carnival employee a question they will and often do lie to your face. The ones I would try to get information from would tell you what they thought you wanted to hear if it was accurate or not. I saw no integrity from the port staff.

The Inspiration was not