Pacific Eden Cruise Review

Very nice ship

Pacific Eden Cruise Review by ccsclean21

• Sail Date: Feb 2018
  • Destination: the South Pacific

We chose this cruise because the price was unbelievably cheap and it turned out to be a very good cruise. I was surprised how nice the ship was after reading some of the comments on Cruise Critic tearing the ship apart saying the ship looks old, cabins look outdated etc. But I found the cabin that I was in to be quite large and it was an inside cabin at that and very modern, the rest of the ship looked quite good and plush. I especially liked the lookout lounge in the Dome it was fantastic and it took me back to when I used to travel on the old Oriana and I would sit in the lookout lounge in the late afternoon watching the sun set and sipping on a Bourbon and Coke waiting for dinner. Pacific Eden took me back to my younger days and they even had a great piano player playing songs and people sitting around the piano singing or just getting into the beat and dancing same as the Oriana. The piano was in the the mix bar.

I found this ship to be quite modern and stylish even for her age. The ship is not too big and not too small just the right size with a comfortable amount of passengers.

I found the Pantry was small with less tables than the Pacific Explorer but the Eden didn't have the same amount of passengers either but to my surprise there was never any problem getting a table in the Pantry and the other passengers on board where very polite and not reserving tables and I think this made a difference. The food in the Pantry quite nice and they had different items on each day. The Main Dining Room was very nice but the menu there needs a bit more selection.

I came across some passengers who reckoned the food was not as good as the food on the RCL, Princess and QE. and I tried to explain that they were comparing a 3 star ship to 5 and six star ships and the price difference too.

There is entertainment all night long and so yes it is a funship.

ccsclean21's Full Rating Summary

Cabin 1B 5148

Very roomy cabin with a sofa.

Sydney (Australia)

didn't touch any ports, only for disembarkation.

ccsclean21