CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2017
Cabin: Large Ocean-View Stateroom

Most Important: The Montreal-to-Boston (or vice-versa) is A+. I had taken this route once on Crystal Cruises and once on Holland America -- then September 2017 ... and NOW May 2018. It is a fantastic route! And in the Spring you can couple it with Bermuda. (I have family on the East Coast.)

I generally travel alone - so that will be my frame of reference. In a nutshell - I like "easy and simple." And I truly cannot say enough about the ease of this smaller ship. All the amenities and bells/whistles - without the lines and crowds.

My stateroom was ocean view - and much larger than I had assumed it would be. So much closet/drawer space. And a bathtub! No problems. Staff was as it should be ... available when you need them.

Large Ocean-View Stateroom

Spacious. Clean. Lots of storage. Good lighting. Quiet. Easy elevator access.

One thing that I noticed (finally) is that some passengers bring something (generally magnetic) to put on their door to easily identify their room. I had a bookmark that fit-the-bill ... and next time I will plan ahead.

Port Reviews

Montreal

Invest in a Fodor travel guide for Montreal/Quebec - for content and maps. Lovely and SO much to see and do. You can walk to almost everything ... bring comfy shoes for the cobblestone.

This was my third trip to Montreal and Quebec.

Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island)

This was my first trip to Charlottetown, and I thought it was delightful! Lovely ... and the people were SO nice. I generally wandered the town ... looking for "Charlottetown" items for my friend Charlotte! Perfect day ... but the maps given on the ship were awful.

Cows ice-cream ... don't miss it. And I feared that I would be Anne-of-Green-Gabled to death ... but not so. I'm looking forward to my return.

Sydney (Nova Scotia)

I thought the port was beautiful - but overall, it would be easy to skip. Had a GREAT lunch at the upstairs restaurant (look for winding staircase) at the port.

I would have preferred an overnight at another port instead.

Halifax

I had been to Halifax twice before, so I won't 'dis them for one day of nasty weather. Argh! Hot, rainy and humid. No visibility. Like being in a washing machine. But Halifax has SO much to offer, and I look forward to returning in May. I spend the day browsing the shops at the pier.

(Oddly, the weather in Bar Harbor the next day was stunning. Absolutely perfect,)

Bar Harbor

The only port with a tender. Jaw-dropping gorgeous day!

I romped, shopped, had lunch and stared at the breath-taking views. I should have taken an excursion to Acadia National Park. My mistake. But I had a lovely day.

5 Helpful Votes