• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

StephCruises
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2018
Cabin:

We chose this cruise for the Itinerary and decent price. I read a lot of bad reviews of this ship and cruiseline, and was quite nervous, but I came away from the cruise extremely happy with the MSC Splendida. Our interior 2 person cabin was typical and perfectly fine with excellent housekeeping. I loved the buffet food, for all meals. Went to the dining room only twice... its nice, but didnt find the food choices overly appealing. What we ate though was fine. Our main server was ANDIE and he has the biggest smile ever, loved him! We found the staff elsewhere, all pretty good and friendly. I say in the title 'good for quiet adults' because the only thing I found lacking were some of my favourite cruiseship activities, like participation games in the theatre, and/or a comedy club. I also never reallly heard upbeat music around the main pool (and I love that for a little vacation-party atmosphere). I did very much like the sun loungers with the adjustable mini-roof! We had gorgeous non-cheesy portraits done by a terrific female photographer. The clientele on our cruise was mainly Italian, followed by British/French/German. We met many lovely people from around the world. I had read reviews about how the Italians were catered to, and I did not find this at all. I found pretty much all the cruisers polite (or to put it another way, no glaringly horrible people, haha) We couldnt quite get a handle (through internet reviews)on exactly when we were allowed to checkin/get on board for embarking, so we took a chance, arrived at the pier at noon and were swiftly checked in and on board, even though our ticket said our boarding time was 5:30pm. We had to check-out early (the ship was in Dubai port for 2 days at the end of this itinerary), and we just had to go to customer service that morning to advise them etc... All went smoothly. When we got off the ship at 10pm, there were taxis outside the pier doors. We did the Dhow Fjord cruise in Khasab, and it was ok. Relaxing. We did the evening desert jeep/camel/dinner excursion and it was AWESOME!!! I would give MSC a whirl again, no problem!

5 Helpful Votes