Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by roldew

• Sail Date: Jan 2018
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Grand Suite

I am a novice cruiser and this was my first time to travel on Royal Caribbean. I was very favorably impressed with this four night roundtrip cruise from Singapore. Fortunately, my friend and I upgraded to a Royal Suite and it really made our trip much easier than anticipated. We arrived at the cruise terminal early, check in was a breeze and we were one of the first groups to board the ship. The same was true of disembarkation. We especially enjoyed utilizing the concierge lounge that was made available to us. We are not big eaters, so to have the opportunity for a light buffet breakfast and evening appetizers was really all that we needed on this trip. We purchased a deluxe beverage/internet package in advance and it was well worth it!

Our suite was a Grand Suite (very nice) and included a good sized balcony with two large lounge chairs and a table with two chairs. The service by the staff was exceptional. The ice skating show was nice and the napkin folding class was fun. We cancelled our first shore excursion in Penang because there was a last minute change in the itinerary. Thankfully, they alerted us the evening prior and we were provided a refund. The excursion in Langkawi was very good. We enjoyed a leisurely lunch and walked on the pedestrian bridge that links two mountaintops.

I look forward to traveling on Royal Caribbean again and would highly recommend it to others. Having the suite was the key to our successful trip.

roldew's Full Rating Summary

Grand Suite

Our cabin was spacious and included a large bathroom with dual vanities and separate tub and shower.

Great excursion, good guide, fun activity, ample selection of restaurants on site for lunch. Selected Kebab House which was wonderful!

View All undefined undefined Reviews