Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by sailorgal28

• Sail Date: Feb 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

We had a smashing good time due to the high energy entertainment staff. What a fun cruise!

I've got to complement Leigh the Cruise Director and his staff, Leon, Christian and (especially) Josh for making this a memorable cruise. DH and I loved the trivia shows, Love and Marriage, Quest and the party vibe aboard. The cover band Krakken was super!

The ship itself will soon get a much needed facelift so there is no need to say how tired she is.

Port of Tampa Officers get you on and off the ship efficiently and the Carnival Check In is fast and easy.

We had a Carnival chosen state room this time. I prefer to choose my room as we ended up beneath the exercise room and could hear the free weights being dropped. So when trying to sleep in one morning we could hear thump, THUMP a number of times. One would think that a spa employee would stop that from happening. My guess is that the free weight area is not supervised. So no more cruising under the spa for me.

We had the open dining in the Elation with different wait staff each night. All were attentive but my favorite was Ariel. I really enjoyed the food. It is amazing how the galley staff serves so many people so well. Tip: Get the steak served on Sea Day Brunch, it's filet mignon.

In Cozumel we got off the ship but stayed in the Carnival owned compound. I've been to the island many times and wasn't in the mood to venture far. I shopped for Vanilla, Bamboo Tee shirts, Pharmacy items (cheap here) and used the wifi at Fat Tuesdays for the price of a drink: $4. I like that here in the compound pricing is shown in both pesos and dollars.

Christina gave the best massage right there by the water. Ask for her: $35 american for 30 minutes. Plus a big tip because she was awesome. I should know because I am a massage therapist.

sailorgal28's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4E V8 inside

see above. noisy

not sure about cabin category as Carnival chose for us as a last minute promotion

sailorgal28