Sea Princess Cruise Review

Sea Princess Cruise Review by johne01

• Sail Date: Feb 2018
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

My wife and I wanted to see Cairns Australia and travel on the Kuranda railway. We selected this cruise for this purpose, but unfortunately the ship could not dock in Cairns because of high winds. This also applied to other ports on this cruise, except for Airlie Beach.

Apart from this disappointment the actual cruising was great.

I must also mention that it had been my policy, not to cruise with other Australians. It is difficult to put this diplomatically, but I went against this policy for the efficiency of embarking in Brisbane, not far from our home, where we could drive to the port and park nearby. To say we were soon disappointed and embarrassed with our fellow Australians (and some New Zealanders) is an understatement. The "bogans" as we call them here were everywhere. The wandering of the ship with beer bottle in hand by poorly attired men (and some women too) was repulsive. I better leave it at that, but I could go on a lot further. Needless to say, I will re-instate my previous policy from now on.

The dining room (Traviata Dining Room) staff were outstanding. It was an absolute pleasure meeting them and to be served by them. The dishes we tried each night were superb, if a little low on volume. I cannot see Americans accepting the low portion sizes.

The usual problem with finding a table in the Horizon Court was in evidence on this ship also. It seems to be a universal problem. I do not like being forced to eat food at a table with people I do not know.

I was expecting The Sea Princess to look a little dated after reading feedback from other people. I know it has been refreshed lately, but I found its condition to be superb.

Apart from previously mentioned disappointments I enjoyed this cruise for what it was.

johne01's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BB C401

Our first time in a balcony cabin. We usually get a mini-suite but none were available when we booked. The cabin was somewhat smaller, but was ok for 7 days. The bathroom was ridiculously small unfortunately. The actual balcony was compact shall we say, but still usable and covered, which was nice and private.

johne01