3. Crown Princess
Embarkation and disembarkation went smoothly. It was the in-between that fell flat. This was mine and my husband's (no children with us) 7th Princess cruise, and our worst. It was a 5-day cruise on the Crown Princess to Grand Turk and Amber Cove, Dominican Republic. Very disappointing. On the first day we discovered our favorite pool on the back of the ship was closed and remained closed all week. The pool at the estuary was being re-tiled, so it was also closed all week. That left only two pools open for over 3000 guests. The ship is going in for refurbishing, and the entire crew seemed to have a don't care attitude. The food was horrible, and the service was worse. We saw our cabin attendant when we checked into our room and not again until we were departing the ship. The very last night I got a virus and was medically escorted from the ship at departure, so we weren't given the opportunity to print out our folio of expenses. I have called Princess twice this past week to have it emailed to me. I still don't have. The worst part was we were travelling with four other couples, three of which had never cruised Princess, and one couple who had never cruised at all. That couple said they were looking for the wow factor and was very disappointed.

Not up to Princess Standards