3. Carnival Miracle
Ships Appearance: The ship was designed in a theme that portrays angels, vines, and many partially clad paintings. This was perfectly fine with us, but may be problematic for those with young kids. The ship appeared in good repair, except when it rained, we discovered multiple leaks in ceiling throughout the ship. The leaks were very minor, and not problematic. Balcony Stateroom: Our room was a nice size for a ship room. We had two small beds, a couch, vanity and deck with chairs. We even had a mini fridge! However – we had only ONE outlet, which was problematic. Wish we had brought a power strip! Food: The dinner that was included was very very good. The buffet was hit or miss. Nick and Nora’s restaurant which is extra, was exceptionally good. Service/Staff: All the staff we encountered were very helpful, kind, smiling and skilled. Ship’s Ride: The ride was rocky, as in, you felt like you were going to fall out of bed, and some people reported that drinks tipped over. While it wasn't like this the entire time, it certainly made things quite unpleasant when they were like that. In the dining room, the vibration from the engine was so strong, the napkins visibly vibrated. The constant motion was so bad, I got very seasick. I’ve been on a cruise in the past, which was not nearly as rocky. I don’t recall feeling the engine on my previous cruise either. We encountered lots of folks who had been on many previous cruises had not experienced rocking that bad. When the sea was calm, it was not nearly as rocky. The vibration from the engine was constant, and could be felt in most of the ship. Ship’s Activities: We had a lot of fun on the ship. There is mini golf, pools, hot tubs, bars, giant chess, trivia’s, game shows, performances, competitions, art auctions, and ping pong to name a few. Bingo also seemed to be a favorite (which may have been since the average age of folks on the ship was 65!) Ship’s Performers: There were a lot of amazing performances, including a young man not yet officially contracted by Carnival. Carnival should take note, every time this young man played, the rooms filled up. This man’s name is Anthony DeBlois. He is blind, he is on the autism spectrum, and he is gifted. I was blessed to get to hear him sing while he played on the piano. He is very talented, and would be a great addition to Carnival’s Piano Bar.

Great activities and staff, but boat needs work.

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Bigelow Twins

Bigelow Twins’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Miracle price drops

Balcony Stateroom: Our room was a nice size for a ship room. We had two small beds, a couch, vanity and deck with chairs. We even had a mini fridge! The balcony was nice and private. However – we had only ONE outlet, which was problematic. Wish we had brought a power strip!
  Carnival Miracle Deck Plans

• Shark & Stingray Encounter
    Sharks and Sting Rays Excursion: This excursion was a lot of fun but felt too fast! We were brought on a long beautiful ride to Caye Caulker. Fair warning: it can be VERY windy on the way there, and the ride was close to an hour! Once everyone was changed, we rode out to the barrier reef. Both my sister and I had trouble with our masks. If you have well-fitting snorkel masks, I recommend you bring them. They did help us change them out, but it was difficult to do while the ocean pushed us. With our new masks, we were able to see the beauty below. The barrier reef is stunning. We were out on a cloudy day, and I can’t even imagine how much more beauty would be there with the sun. There were a lot of us, and everyone was kind of corralled together, which meant getting kicked, bumping into, ect. We got away from the group a wee bit, but they were leading us along the reef and we had to keep up. Before I knew it, we were swimming past the reef, and when I looked up we were back at the boat. We couldn’t have been in the water for more than 10 or 15 minutes. Once everyone was back in, we headed to the spot where the sting rays and nurse sharks were. It was on a sand bar, but the ocean was rough and the current was very strong. There were sting rays and nurse sharks everywhere!! It was amazing. We got a lot of great pictures and they helped us to pet the nurse sharks! It was a very cool experience. Then back to Caye Caulker for lunch and shopping. The lunch was good and location was beautiful. (Bring cash for lunch, as it isn’t included!) The locals depend on tourism so naturally, there is a lot of sales pressure. I would recommend bringing a good amount with you though, as the craftsmanship is beautiful. I wish I had brought more cash with me. We had a wonderful time and it is a place I wish I could spend more time. The only negative about this excursion was the short snorkel time. I would have been happier with more time over the reef and less time to wander Caye Caulker.
    View All 44 Shark & Stingray Encounter Reviews
  • Cozumel
    Tulum VIP and Centoe Swim Excursion: This excursion is worth doing!! It is so hard to do all we did and still make the boat. First, we went to Tulum, where he showed us the best, let us go to the beach for 15 minutes, and then back to the bus. There is a lot of walking, and not all of it is accessible for strollers or wheelchairs. (Note that if you want time to see ALL of the ruins, or time to shop – this one is not for you!) Back on the bus, he took us to a large cenote, we canoed over it to the other side. It was so amazing, even though it was only about 10 minutes. The water was like glass. We then went to another smaller cenote where we got to swim. Bring your snorkel gear, trust me! It’s more than I could have thought possible. There is even a spot to jump in off a cliff! What a rush! Afterwards, we went to an area with picnic tables under thatched roofs. There were people there who prepared an amazing Mayan meal in the traditional Mayan way! Even fresh handmade corn tortillas! The flower tea was the best I ever had! (Now I need to figure out how to make that at home!) The entire experience was wonderful!!! We got back to the boat later than the time that they had told us to be back (got back close to 5pm, but the boat staff had told us to be there by 4:30), but since it was an excursion through the boat, they waited for us, and we didn’t stress about it.
    View All 13,935 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Scuba - Beginner
    Discovery Beginners Scuba Diving Excursion: This excursion was a lot of fun, but much harder than I thought it would be. Fair warning, if you have certain medical conditions, you will not be allowed to go. I would call them and ask beforehand. The instruction was good. The tanks and gear was much heavier than I thought it would be, but easier to handle once in the water. Getting the bouncy right was far harder than I thought, and swimming is much different, as your hands are useless. I kept getting much closer to the shipwreck and the coral than I wanted to be, but I never actually hit anything. The back of the air tank kept hitting the back of my head too; but I think a simple strap adjustment could have fixed that. The tour of the shipwreck was really cool. Getting out of the water, with the heavy gear on, the waves pulling on us and our feet sinking knee deep in the loose sand, was really hard and really funny. It had to be entertaining to watch.
    View All 15 Scuba - Beginner Reviews
  • Roatan
    Jolly Roger Excursion: We went on the Endless Summer Catamaran. The crew was very helpful, funny, entertaining, and kind. They reminded us to take dramamine if we felt sea sick, because the ocean was choppy. I’m very glad they did. The ride was so much fun, even with the choppy seas. The area had a lot of rain recently, so the water was very silty. They drove around looking for a better area. When we found one, they let us snorkel for quite a while. Roger, one of the crew, took our cameras down deep for us, past the silt, and got some great shots! It was so much fun. Back on the boat, they quickly provided a hot lunch and rum punch, that was wonderful as well. As soon as we were all done eating, the skies opened up and rain poured down! Instead of it being a bummer, it was absolutely hysterical! Everyone was laughing. It stopped after a bit and when we got back close to port, they brought us near one of the shipwrecks so we could get some good pictures of it. The entire time, they took free photos for us, some of which are among my favorite of my sister.
    View All 13,935 Roatan Cruise Port Reviews