3. Regal Princess
I just returned from my first ever cruise on the Regal Princess, sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL. We were on board for 7 beautiful days and had a wonderful time. We had great weather and I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff was to us the entire time we were on board. Embarkation was handled very smoothly and we were able to get to our stateroom quickly and were surprised to see our bags were waiting for us by the door. The staff worked diligently every day to be sure the ship was clean and ready for whatever we wanted to do. We enjoyed the "movies under the stars" as well as the live shows in the Princess Theatre. Enjoyed the wide variety of food on the 16th deck and the fact that food was always available whether we are in the food court, the bistro, the pizza bar, the ice cream and popcorn stand or in one of the many elegant dining rooms. The only down side I experienced with the food was that it never seemed to be hot. I like my hot food hot and my cold food cold. I understand the difficulty of keeping so much food hot since it was served in so many places on the ship. We booked four excursions, three thru the cruise line and one separate excursion company. The glass bottom boat excursion was a disappointment for the money, We didn't see much and the glass in the boat was old and cloudy. Waste of money. The stingray excursion was great although we didn't get in the water. The time we spent on Princess Cays was very enjoyable and the lunch provided by the cruise line was great.

First time cruiser

Carm Walsh’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB B519
Our steward kept the room clean and always made our beds in the morning and turned them down in the evening with a special piece of candy each night. I was disappointed there was no top sheet on our bed, only the duvet which was often too much covering for us. Also there were no plugins in the bathroom for my curling iron or blow dryer and I was shocked that the hair dryer provided by the ship was hard wired into the desk drawer in the stateroom making it impossible to dry my hair without disturbing my fellow travelers. I am more comfortable styling my hair in the bathroom.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins