3. MSC Divina
Our friend who is a regular cruiser has been saying for years we must go on a cruise, but it wasn’t something that particularly appealed to us. Anyway after watching lots of cruising TV show we warmed to the idea and booked MSC Divina for our honeymoon, and are so glad we did! We absolutely loved it, even though it started off with bad weather - we love the sun, and normally if the first couple of days of a holiday have bad weather it sets the tone for the rest of the time away, but I spite of that we still loved it. Whilst we don’t have any other cruises to compare it to, what it has done is made us want to book again, so we must have enjoyed it. I don’t like to think of us as hard to please or very demanding, and on the whole we enjoyed everything about it. We had an issue with priority boarding in that we awerent give it, even thought it came as part of our package - got it sorted out but wasted maybe 45 minutes waiting around in the terminal. The staff there were either very good or very bad, but I don’t think that is something MSC can control. As first timers I think maybe they could explain things a bit better, such as getting in and off the ship. We felt a little lost at times, but are perfectly capable of figuring things out - I question whether maybe some passengers would just get on with it and figure things out like we did, so perhaps a little work is need there, Regarding food, this seems to be one of the main areas where there is criticism and I understand this, it wasn’t the best. For us, it was fine. Food isn’t really a huge issue fo is, as long as we can get something to eat. I would say it was probably average, selection wasn’t always great wherever you had dinner and not always as hot as it could be, but equally was too hot at other times. Definitely an area for improvement, but by no means a deal breaker for me. All said, it was a fabulous experience and I wouldn’t hesitate to go on Divina again!

First Time Cruisers