3. Carnival Ecstasy
This was my 3rd carnival cruise (4th overall). It was mostly as expected for carnival. Good entertainment and good food. The ship is smaller and older than others I have been on but they have made some updates. There is only one pool and the hot tubs were always completely full of 10 year olds, we couldn't even get our feet in. If you didnt get a chair before 9a, it was impossible to find one in the sun the rest of the day. I did not have this problem on other ships. Food overall was decent. The main dining room dinners take a longggg time and I noticed the buffet had most of the same food. The pizza place (although 24 hours) was shared with a grill so the line was long. Several times they didn't have anything available and I had to wait 10-15 minutes for my food. The comedy club had the same person every night but with a different show. I did appreciate the different drink menus at each bar. My biggest complaint was several floors smelled strongly of raw sewage for the last 2 days and they couldn't seem to do anything about it.

Great cruise overall, a few issues

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by lilyep125

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Porthole
lilyep125’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Porthole
Cabin PT
The cabin was exactly as described. The bed was extremely comfortable
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Charleston
    The port was small and it was confusing where we were supposed to go to check our bags and get checked in. They just had a bunch of tents in a HUGE lot. Once we got to where we were supposed to be we got on the ship pretty fast. We did not do an excursion but we went to the history of Charleston museum. I would highly recommend it.
    View All 250 Charleston Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Charleston Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    This was a waste of money. A boat took us to a private beach and we got our own cabana by the pool. However you could just do an excursion to the beach and you still have pool access. They give you a waitress but the bar was only 15 feet away and the drinks through the watress were 16$; at the bar they were 9$. Not to mention they were only 8oz drinks. The "snacks" provided were a bag of potato chips each.
    View All 12,984 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews