3. Emerald Princess
This was our 18th cruise on Princess. We had a good time, because of the staff and the ports but were disappointed in the food. The food never seems to change - and this time in the dining room, even sitting with 6 - 8 people for dinner there were never more than 3 pads of butter in the dishes. We were told it was because it looked better - really? The little silver bowl looked sadly empty. You had to ask for more butter. I don't mind them saving money on the butter but at least put 1 pad of butter on the table for each person sitting at the table. Tried all the pay for restaurants and have to admit I hated Curtis Stone. I was excited to try it since he now has a vegetarian menu - Did not like the menu at all. Hubby did enjoy the lamb in the final course. Crown Grill as always is nice for my hubby, but since I am Vegetarian - there is really no special dish for me to order - they just get me a meal from the main dining room, this is really not worth $29 to me. (but I go so Hubby gets his steak). The Salty Dog which was only $12 per person was surprisingly good, actually my favorite of all the pay for restaurants. We hardly ever eat at the buffet so can't really comment on this, we did order breakfast in our cabin on the days we were off on an early excursion, which always came promptly! Kuddos to the staff! Ok, enough complains, had a nice time on this 14 day cruise and loved the itinerary. Our main goal was to sail around Cape Horn - mission accomplished - the weather was nice and there were hardly any waves. We also wanted to see the Falklands, this is a port that really is hard to get to, but we were successful and took the 7 hour Jeep tour - amazing, highly recommend!! The ship was clean and the beds were comfortable. We had Cabin D709, a mini suite, which was great - I even used the bathtub. Balcony was large enough for a little table and two chairs. It was a little to cold to sit out and read most of the days, but we enjoyed getting out and taking pictures of Amelia Glaciers. Went to several shows and found them entertaining - I usually don't even bother but we had friends traveling with us , and they enjoy going to the shows. Only went to the casino 2 times and lost $40. Big spender here!!! Enjoyed a few drinks at Crooners and watched people dance at the little dance floor in the bar. The music seems to be getting louder all the time. The one really bad experience we had was disembarkation - it was really badly planned. We had tickets to get off first thing - however the suitcases came off the ship haphazardly. People were standing around waiting for a long time - and even when the suitcases came down we were not able to take them until the dogs sniffed the luggage. Sometimes I just have to wonder how stupid people really are - packing oranges in the suitcases? Really, suitcases were being searched and it really slowed things down. At this time we have no upcoming cruises planned. We would travel with Princess again mainly because we now have elite status and the perks are great - Free laundry, free minutes for the internet just to mention a few....

Buttergate